How to get an Argentine Credit Card

BBVA gave me two (visa and a MC) right when i opened my account here.
BBVA quoted a 10,000 peso limit with a monthly fee of 1,480 pesos starting after one year.
Try Cencosud also.
Cencosud said to try back in six months.
A few months ago I applied for and instantly approved for both a visa and MasterCard from Supervielle bank with a total credit limit of just over 600.000 pesos. I’m a naturalized Argentine citizen (used BajoCero’s services ). I’ve never had a job in white here but I am the majority shareholder in a long standing business that has had a relationship with the bank for many years so that could explain the instant approval and reasonable credit limit. The Supervielle app has good functionality and never a line at the branch I use when I go to pay the credit card off in cash at the end of the month.
Supervielle is willing to give me a savings account and debit card, but no credit card.
I will try the other suggestions tomorrow.
Thanks to all of you that took the time to respond!

A person without an Argentine income source will not pass the credit evaluation.
i have no argentine income nor my friends and we were all accepted.
we're all students from brazil and all of us recieve $ via WU or cambistas.
there was no need to verify anything, i didn't have to go to the bank, it was all made through the website.
well, its worth a try if any1 wants.

A person without an Argentine income source will not pass the credit evaluation.
This isn't exactly true, I myself had no Argentine income when Santander gave me my credit card. Most might not, but some do; of course each person's mileage may vary

This isn't exactly true, I myself had no Argentine income when Santander gave me my credit card. Most might not, but some do; of course each person's mileage may vary
I didn't have any Argentine income when Santander gave me a credit card.

Here's how I obtained credit cards here, the timelines more or less, and my experience with different banks:

You'll need a permanent DNI or citizenship, and I highly recommend work in blanco (your employer will have a dedicated banker
who can help, or sign up as a monotributista, pay a few bucks in taxes each month even if you're retired as it will give them less of
a chance to say no)

• I checked the ofretas of everyone the day I got my DNI (it was digital, didn't even have the physical card yet, all online)
  • Santander had the best offer (they're a shitty bank, don't recommend them except for building credit history)
  • Got a Visa with a ~$250 USD blue credit limit for 1 pago/cuotas combined, all online, no job/income history.
  • Signed up as a monotribuista and started paying taxes on the freelancing odd jobs I was doing here
  • Used it for 3 months, then applied for a Nativa MC w/BNA, about a ~$200 USD blue credit limit for 1 pago and $250 USD blue credit limit for cuotas
  • 3/6/8 months later, I asked for an increase at Santander, all denied
  • Eventually went to Galicia in person, met with one of their Eminent bankers, told them how low my Santander CC was compared to my income, she told me to message her when I had 10 months seniority as a monotributista
  • Thought I was getting the run around from her, forgot about it, but she messaged me on WhatsApp and actually got me approved for a Visa and MC with them, 10x the limit I had at Santander for both 1 pago and cuotas; very happy with them, I can message her and ask her any banking things via WhatsApp and she takes care of it
  • Closed my account and CC w/Santander, banker asked why, was I going back to my country? I told her nope, explained the denied limit, she said she'd run it again, but it's "up to the system". I was denied again, she said I mustn't have a good credit history, then showed her the Eminent cards from Galicia and her demeanor completely changed, "Mr. Quilombo, I apologize, let me talk to the Santander Black banker..." I said nope, you guys had your chance (I think it's in part because I dress very casually, I'm not rich, I don't want people to think I am, but I'm doing well compared to most Argentines)
  • I told Santander in a survey they emailed me why I closed my account (that I assumed wasn't going to be read) that: "Cada interacción con ustedes es un quilombo; el banco es completamente una verga; contraté 3 tipos de seguros y todas mis necesidades bancarias con Galicia tras cerrar mi cuenta con Santander."
  • Some poor woman called me and asked: "Mr. Quilombo, you said Santander is a quilombo and a [clears throat]... verga... in a survey we emailed you, correct? Was there anything we could do differently?."
Of course, YMMV, but this was my experience in 2021/2022
So all this work and you didn't have a high enough limit to charge a plane ticket? Sounds worth it.

I'd pay 250 to never have to deal with bbva again. Their idea of customer service e is that they don't cuss you if you try to speak to them.

I also love the idea of the "personal banker" they sell you, who in reality is worth less than the caja automatic in the lobby.

So all this work and you didn't have a high enough limit to charge a plane ticket? Sounds worth it.

I'd pay 250 to never have to deal with bbva again. Their idea of customer service e is that they don't cuss you if you try to speak to them.

I also love the idea of the "personal banker" they sell you, who in reality is worth less than the caja automatic in the lobby.
Yeah Santander only cared when I left, but it helped me build a credit profile in Argentina which has made it possible to buy several plane tickets with Galicia, and their personal banker service is great. My husband earns less than I do so he doesn't qualify for their Eminent service, but even the diet-Eminent service he has is good, and his banker is attentive too, follows up to see he's happy with his account, answers any questions he has promptly, etc.

BBVA is a joke, I didn't mention it, but they offered me a secured credit card of 10K ARS which they'd convert to a regular one after a year lol

Naranja is your best chance, but yeah good luck took my gf 1 year with a dni to get it.

A few months ago I applied for and instantly approved for both a visa and MasterCard from Supervielle bank with a total credit limit of just over 600.000 pesos. I’m a naturalized Argentine citizen (used BajoCero’s services ). I’ve never had a job in white here but I am the majority shareholder in a long standing business that has had a relationship with the bank for many years so that could explain the instant approval and reasonable credit limit. The Supervielle app has good functionality and never a line at the branch I use when I go to pay the credit card off in cash at the end of the month.
Curious Canadian here! Overall, how much did the naturalization process cost?

Back