How to get cheaper flights to Brazil?

IslandTime808

Registered
Hi all,

For some reason when I try and use my phone to book a flight to Brazil it will not let me book the flight showing the price in pesos. Not sure if I needed a Argentinian credit card and/or DNI.

When I try to book the same flight using my VPN saying I’m in the US (it gives me the flight prices in USD) the prices are almost double.

Is there any way around this? I’ve seen some prices going for under $275 rt using the blue dollar rate but in USD the same flight is closer to $500. I tried to pay once at an Aerolinas Argentinas office (outside of the airport) but they wouldn’t allow me to pay in cash.

How do you get better flight deals while traveling around Argentina and/or to neighboring countries? Thanks

It's pointless to pay in pesos online if you're using a foreign CC. You will obviously get the bad rate. Only option is paying in cash at a local branch. I say go back to that same branch that wouldn't let you pay in cash. Maybe you got a bad rep. I've paid in cash in both BA and El Calafate before I got my card.

It's pointless to pay in pesos online if you're using a foreign CC. You will obviously get the bad rate. Only option is paying in cash at a local branch. I say go back to that same branch that wouldn't let you pay in cash. Maybe you got a bad rep. I've paid in cash in both BA and El Calafate before I got my card.
I didn’t realize it (this was in Cordoba) but they had signs next to each representative window saying you can’t pay using in cash. Again, I’m not sure if it would have been different if I went to the airport. I was at an office in the city.

We had no problems paying in cash for internal flights at the Aerolineas ticket desk in Aeroparque (2-3 weeks ago). We were able to buy the flights we had checked out online, it was all very efficient. The desk is inside the airport on the ground floor, close to the national departures check in.

Hi all,

For some reason when I try and use my phone to book a flight to Brazil it will not let me book the flight showing the price in pesos. Not sure if I needed a Argentinian credit card and/or DNI.

When I try to book the same flight using my VPN saying I’m in the US (it gives me the flight prices in USD) the prices are almost double.

Is there any way around this? I’ve seen some prices going for under $275 rt using the blue dollar rate but in USD the same flight is closer to $500. I tried to pay once at an Aerolinas Argentinas office (outside of the airport) but they wouldn’t allow me to pay in cash.

How do you get better flight deals while traveling around Argentina and/or to neighboring countries? Thanks
Remember, as far as the government and businesses are concerned, there is only 1 exchange rate, and that's the BCRA's. The savings you obtain by paying in pesos are the result of selling your dollars on the black market for a higher rate.

You can't pay online without a DNI as foreigners are redirected to the international versions of the airline websites which charge in dollars, but you can pay in cash as others have said, at least for domestic flights.

For international flights, I think you will only be able to pay in pesos if you have a CUIT/L or CDI as they need this is required to be in compliance with AFIP RG. 4659. Someone else can likely confirm re: international tickets.

International flights are quoted in pesos in despegar.com and can be paid with a debit card en pesos , However the 65% surcharge on overseas purchases.may apply.
Another venue is a travel agent that takes pesos

Back