I am looking for Saltines

gfl99

Registered
I am a bit ill and am looking for the equivalent of saltines. I've looked around and can find lots of crackers, but most are not water crackers, and are not very salty. Maybe there is no good equivalent here, but if you've seen one at the grocery, please let me know. Thank you.

Try Club Social original, or Rex ( like Ritz ) I think those are the closest.

most of the saltine types I've seen are unsalted I think. I like the hogarenas, they are more a wheat cracker but have good flavor

I am a bit ill and am looking for the equivalent of saltines. I've looked around and can find lots of crackers, but most are not water crackers, and are not very salty. Maybe there is no good equivalent here, but if you've seen one at the grocery, please let me know. Thank you.
As Nikad said, Club Social is the closest approximation of old school saltines.
Hope you feel better soon.

I withdraw my endorsement of Club Social.

They reformulated their crackers recently, probably to avoid the dreaded "escudo negro", (those black octagons you see on the front of anything tasty, usually three or four of them if it's really good), and I'm sad to say Club Social no longer contains anything like enough salt.

This reminds me of that thread in which I'd posted about how the regular La Campagnola marmalades and preserves were great, but the La Campagnola BC line was crap. Someone observed that trying to reduce sugar in a food for which sugar is a working ingredient was an effort doomed to failure.

That's how I feel about this cracker change. In a damned saltine, SALT is a working ingredient. Now they're just bland and boring.

Damn all paternalistic, busybody, nagging-nanny governments and their silly "make you eat healthier whether you like it or not" programs.

I withdraw my endorsement of Club Social.

They reformulated their crackers recently, probably to avoid the dreaded "escudo negro", (those black octagons you see on the front of anything tasty, usually three or four of them if it's really good), and I'm sad to say Club Social no longer contains anything like enough salt.

This reminds me of that thread in which I'd posted about how the regular La Campagnola marmalades and preserves were great, but the La Campagnola BC line was crap. Someone observed that trying to reduce sugar in a food for which sugar is a working ingredient was an effort doomed to failure.

That's how I feel about this cracker change. In a damned saltine, SALT is a working ingredient. Now they're just bland and boring.

Damn all paternalistic, busybody, nagging-nanny governments and their silly "make you eat healthier whether you like it or not" programs.
this is really sad

Back