I Am New To Ba Expats Lived In Capital Federal 8 Years.

rickrhodes

Registered
Hello! nice to meet you all American citizens living in Argentina! I have many questions even after 8 years but those were terrible years for my wife and I under President Christina! Now with Mr. Macri i am seeing great things start to develop. one question does anyone know when or if we will be able to take american dollars out of an atm?? Because for years banelco has been I will say robbing me with all these charges. More charges taken out then i am extracting in pesos??? 2 I was refused 4 years ago a permanente residency after completing weeks of running fingerprints here easy then sent to the FBI in USA by me done all wrong by argentine special pólice reccomended by the U.S. embassy? at the time i paid at Immigrations( Migraciones) 600 pesos for DNI- permanant residency i have no criminal record here or in the U.S.A. at they laughed at me and said you are not getting it AHHHHHHH!!!! now with macri and connecting very strongly with the United states will it be easier??? I have no money for a lawyer, I am disabled with proof of a permanant income. thank you.

Hello! nice to meet you all American citizens living in Argentina! I have many questions even after 8 years but those were terrible years for my wife and I under President Christina! Now with Mr. Macri i am seeing great things start to develop. one question does anyone know when or if we will be able to take american dollars out of an atm?? Because for years banelco has been I will say robbing me with all these charges. More charges taken out then i am extracting in pesos??? 2 I was refused 4 years ago a permanente residency after completing weeks of running fingerprints here easy then sent to the FBI in USA by me done all wrong by argentine special pólice reccomended by the U.S. embassy? at the time i paid at Immigrations( Migraciones) 600 pesos for DNI- permanant residency i have no criminal record here or in the U.S.A. at they laughed at me and said you are not getting it AHHHHHHH!!!! now with macri and connecting very strongly with the United states will it be easier??? I have no money for a lawyer, I am disabled with proof of a permanant income. thank you.

Hi Rick Rhodes,

You first have to apply for temporary residency (which you should be able to get with proof of your disability income unless migraciones "discriminates" against the disabled) and can only get permanent residency on the third renewal of your temporary residency...and you shouldn't need a lawyer unless you leave the country and try to reenter without getting residency or want to apply for citizenship (which WILL be difficult without a DNI and without the funds to pay a lawyer).

I don't think the ATMs have dispensed dollars since the peso was "pegged" at the rate of one to one...and unless the peso is "dollarized" the ATMs probably aren't going to resume dispensing dollars anytime soon.

PS: Do you also go by the name Michael S Smith?

You write just like him:

7 Years In Buenos Aires, C.f. Here Now 45 Years Please Re...

I understand that some local banks offer USD extractions at the main branch offices ATMs in downtown BA, and only if you have an account in that currency!

PS: Do you also go by the name Michael S Smith?

You write just like him:

7 Years In Buenos Aires, C.f. Here Now 45 Years Please Re...

So I wasn't the only one to think that. Interesting how he moved to belgrano, changed his name and has been here only 8 years. I'm sticking with my earlier verdict.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Supposedly an American but incredibly you seem to write just like a Nigerian[/background]

This smells so bad, this guy is a scam artist.

9bHs3Ql.png

I'm Mr Dusty Rhodes, who is this Michael Smith you mention?

I'm Mr Dusty Rhodes, who is this Michael Smith you mention?

Well, he's not the Musicman (aka Texas-dude) who asked if he could retire on two million dollars in BA and whether or not he should bring his Ferrari...but never asked any other expats for money so he could move...like Michael S Smith.

The Musicman was apparently a conman (like Harold Hill?) and stopped posting after his dual identity was revealed.

Unless Rick Rhodes can "prove" he is not Michael S Smith (who claimed to have a passport with that name) perhaps we can hope for a similar outcome.
emo32.gif

We do get so strange ones around these parts that is for sure. Then again I have seen some pretty strange locals too.

Back