I fell for honeytrap, claims British physicist in Argentine jail

Not surprising at all. Many extremely book smart and scientifically minded people lack street smarts and social skills necessary to avoid these kinds of traps. It can get very lonely too when you have that kind of intellect. So, these guys are easy prey to con artists. Plus, look at the picture of the woman. Which uber-nerd in their right mind would not want to tap that ass.

I've known a lot of book smart and scientifically minded people and what you say is true to an extent, but not to THAT extent.

camberiu said:
Were any of them nobel prize in physics material?

PhD students and professors in math, physics, and computer science at UC Berkeley.

Some of them couldn't put two coins in a payphone, but even they would not assume someone they chatted with online was the women in that picture, then fly to two foreign countries to meet said woman, then carry a suitcase supposedly belonging to her on an airplane without looking in it.

Either there is something missing in this story or he is exceptionally naive and gullible.

"His former wife, Anne Marie, said he had “an emotional age of three”."

Somewhere I read this (poor?) guy has chased tail all over the planet.
Maybe this time he will learn his lesson.

She can't be involved in this mess. I can see the goodness in her big brown eyes. :)

Back