I love Bs As in January

Denver

Registered
Half the people have left town, my building is quiet, the streets are near deserted and all the little devil spawn have finally shot of the last of their fireworks.

-Should be like this year-round.

Neil

It's the best month by far. Half of the people are gone and the remaining half are semi-comatose after the "fiestas". Plus, there's parking everywhere - sheer bliss.

Sara

-Oh; and I love mopping my living room floor after a rainstorm.

I was just reminded of that.

Neil

You guys must be crazy, January and February are the worst months to be in BA, the heat, the humidity....its torture.

After many years in Washington, D.C., the BA summer is a pleasure. It is much less humid, the sky is deep blue instead of a washed-out grayish blue, and there are no workaholic zebra mosquitoes with twenty-four hour schedules.

The local San Isidro mosquitoes have short work shifts: they punch in at nine p.m., and punch out at nine a.m. Nothing in between, except when the Northeast wind brings those fat, overzealous delta mosquitoes.

Sara

I have to agree with Sara, I grew up near Washington D.C. and the summers there are brutal. I was told that it was going to be horrible here, but so far I have found it much better than northern VA is during the summer.

And I love the mornings here in January. Theres not nearly as many people going to work so it's quiet and the city is clean, not to mention the beautiful sky.

I once heard that the Washington climate is so bad that British diplomats stationed there used to draw hardship allowances, same as if they were stationed in India.

After many years there, I can believe that.

My street literally was a river last night after the rainstorm!!!! I am waiting for spring to come. I am from Chicago and I would say the summers here are just the same as Chicago, Very hot and Very Humid, but the sun here is much stronger.

fedecc said:
You guys must be crazy, January and February are the worst months to be in BA, the heat, the humidity....its torture.

Not today!

It was glorious!

As many days in January and February are....

Back