I love the Venezuelans in Buenos Aires

Just got back from the Hyatt Grand. Service was good and 100 percent Argentinian. But obviously not the norm.

Don't care whether they can open wine bottles or not, I'm just really tired of the attitude of Portenos here, who act like they're doing you a favor when I buy a bottle of water.

Went into my company's office this week n Buenos Aires and honestly was really disappointed in the attitude there.

Just got back from the Hyatt Grand. Service was good and 100 percent Argentinian. But obviously not the norm.

Don't care whether they can open wine bottles or not, I'm just really tired of the attitude of Portenos here, who act like they're doing you a favor when I buy a bottle of water.

Went into my company's office this week n Buenos Aires and honestly was really disappointed in the attitude there.

Humility is very hard to find in Buenos Aires and I believe that this is one of the biggest gripes of long term expats as there are a lot of very arrogant people in Buenos Aires which is the opposite of most of Latin America . I am currently in Montevideo and the service in all establishments is light years ahead of Buenos Aires . Its been a few years since I have been here and its much better that I remember it . It is very expensive though and close to double the price for food and taxis .

i am not very pleased that Venezuelans are taking away jobs of Argentinian middle class by accepting lower salaries. I have Venezuelan friends in Caracas and I have been traveling to Caracas continuously between 2012-18, so I know whats going on there.

Its just, my loyalty lies with fellow Argentines whom i love from core of my heart and who hv never disappointed me in any way.

i am not very pleased that Venezuelans are taking away jobs of Argentinian middle class by accepting lower salaries. I have Venezuelan friends in Caracas and I have been traveling to Caracas continuously between 2012-18, so I know whats going on there.

Its just, my loyalty lies with fellow Argentines whom i love from core of my heart and who hv never disappointed me in any way.
it's a human right to work! Venezuela is having a crisis and here you are complaining that they are taking the shitty jobs in Argentina?

Where is the Hyatt Grand?

@sergio: It takes a good part of a year (if not years) to take courses and pass equivalency tests to certify professional credentials of foreign countries. Applies to any country. Not specific to Argentina.

@Ceviche: Since you are one of the very few who have been to Caracas, it would be informative to members of this forum to tell us your first-hand remarks. What is it like?

You mean a Venezuelan doctor can't be certified as a doctor in Argentina? He has to drive a remise?

Professionals moving to any new country generally have to do some form of apprenticeship before being certified.
As a result there are many Russian, Argentinian, Indian, Venezuelan doctors driving cabs in the U.S. too. They cannot see patients until they qualify for a US residency then complete it.
It can take several years during which they have little or no professional income.

Last edited:
Back