I need a suitcase!

Holden

Registered
I am another person fleeing Argentina after 6 years here and I have a bunch of junk I have accumulated over the years that I would like to take home with me to the US.. the problem is I only have one big suitcase here... does any know where I can buy a cheap-o suitcase or box or something that I can buy to take on as baggage on my next flight home?

It doesn't have to be nice or new or anything... just something that will last one trip from EZE to the US... or if anyone has some old suitcases taking up space and you want to get rid of them, I would be happy to take them!

Thanks in advance...

In front of the Retiro train and bus station, there are a bunch of people selling cheap-o luggage. I bought a sort of duffel bag with a handle and wheels, decent-sized, for something like 150 pesos. It won't last very long (a couple of trips) but it would make it to the States.

I don't mean they are just any people - they have little stands along the walk where a bunch of people sell stuff. During the day it's safe - a lot of people around.

We have a large suitcase we were about to throw out (aka, leave on the street). PM me if you want it.

Just a quick update on this in case anyone else needs cheap luggage... I did go down to Retiro and in front of the bus station there was quite a lot of interesting things for sale... almost more variety than china town... if I would have known all of that was there I might have done more shopping there before! Anyway, I got a cheap canvas-y laundry bag type duffel bag for 60 pesos (or less than 10 bucks using the blue rate) so not bad at all!

Also thanks to sinagua980 for giving me his suitcase!!

Back