If I pay with a US Visa credit card at Avis in Argentina, will I get blue rate?

Sudovest

Registered
Any recent experiences with this? Otherwise I’ll just pay in cash but would prefer not to have to

there is a giant thread about this. it's not the blue rate, but it works fine

Uh oh. It looks like it’s 195 again and not $330 like it was. Any recent data points from today?

Also: if I go to a good change house, will I get 385 per dollar for pristine $100s?

there is a giant thread about this. it's not the blue rate, but it works fine
I know, I’m following the thread, but I’m not sure if it Avis charges in dollars or in pesos, which is what my question was pertaining to.

I know, I’m following the thread, but I’m not sure if it Avis charges in dollars or in pesos, which is what my question was pertaining to.
In Argentina, Avis will charge you in pesos even if you pay with a US credit card that you pay in dollars.

In Argentina, Avis will charge you in pesos even if you pay with a US credit card that you pay in dollars.
so I could divide the ARS total by 335 if using a card or 385 if using pesos in terms of the value I get with my USD? I’m wondering if it’s worth bringing all the extra cash for 50 pesos/usd difference

so I could divide the ARS total by 335 if using a card or 385 if using pesos in terms of the value I get with my USD? I’m wondering if it’s worth bringing all the extra cash for 50 pesos/usd difference
Depends how much cash you want to carry on the hip. It’s nice to have the alternative it you’re short of time to pop to WU or a Cambio house

I wouldn't want to have to carry a few hundred thousand pesos. remember you pay when you check in to get the rental

Back