If You Are A Brit, Clap Your Hands!

I get annoyed very easily and the I can't keep my mouth shout about it.

For example, if there are two people in front of me walking in the mid of the sidewalk at a very S-L-O-W pace, I start screaming in my head "Jeez, do you really have ALL DAY to waste, don't you?!".
My grandma always told me to try to cause as little discomfort as possible to other people, so: walk on one side of the sidewalk, don't stand in the middle, think about people who might need to walk faster, be proactive in figuring other people's needs.

When it is raining and I am about to cross the street on a crosswalk, I can't stand people in a car not letting me pass. In Italy they don't usually stop for pedestrians, unless they are already crossing the street or are carrying a burden, a baby or there is an elderly crossing, but here in Argentina they RUN OVER YOU shamelessly.
Snappy attitude: I start yelling them "Vaff****o, do you think crosswalk are decorations?!" and I wish I had an hammer to break their windows, so that they'd learn their lesson.

Also, I am pretty straightforward: if I am calling someone to arrange a time to meet, I expect to end the call within 10' with a time and a place, not with a generic "dinner time" after 20 minutes of chit chat. Especially if we are talking about the same day and if there are other persons involved. This regularly happens when trying to make plans with my boyfriend's family (he does the talking over the phone).
Snappy attitude: I start yelling "Holy moly how is it possible you didn't get a time and a place?! You've been on the phone 30 f*ing minutes, what have you been talking about? Boludo!"

I don't like when people try to upsell, if I enter a shop with a specific request, I already made my mind before walking in. I understand marketing and stuff, but if I come in for a nail polisher and you don't have it, don't try to sell me a lipstick, it makes me feel a dumb prey.
Snappy attitude: I walk away too fast and it is considered rude, while too me I am just making them a favor to avoid wasting time when I am already sure I am not interested in buying something else.

I can't stand lies, and I am not a good liar. And very often I think that courteous wordings are just blatant lies everybody is fine with it. In the example above, once I get my answer "Sorry, we don't have it", I say "Too bad, thanks anyway" and I am already out of the store, while I gather that I should show some support for the poor sale assistant, wait for her to pitch in with some upselling, fake being interested and close with "I'll think about it".
Snappy attitude: In general, if someone is bullshitting me, I say openly "Bullshit" or I walk away, while in certain situations I should let the other people "win", smile, and try to bullshit back.

I hardly cope with other people's OCDs. There is this 'relative' that insists on keeping on my kitchen light even if he is sit in the living room facing the other way. I turn it off, he turns it on. I open a window, he closes that window. Frankly, when this happens twice in a row it gets kind of weird. A nice "Please, can you close the window that I am cold?" would be perfectly fine, especially because this person is a relative of my boyfriend and has been knowing me for 2 months.

In general, my boyfriend tells me that I should be more accommodating and that I should look after my own interests, even if that means to "play" along some bullshit, "accepting" an undefined answer, letting someone "win" and keep the lights on, etc.

I think part of my snappy attitude is that I make efforts to avoid certain behaviors - that keeps my mind busy all the time, and I am angry that someone gets along fine without all these self-controlling actions. I am not saying I am never wrong, but if I am carelessly walking in the mid of the sidewalk and I notice someone trying to pass me, immediately I am reminded that I should walk on the side and not in the middle.
Or if I turn on a light and then the owner of the house turns it off, I think "I shouldn't have turned it on in the first place" and I won't repeat the mistake.
Or if I am making plans who involve a third and a fourth persons, I try to define everything as much in advance as possible, so that they all have time to make arrangements of their own.

Isadora, I can visualise you gettin' very angry but then becoming very lovely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2J0sMeYFHI

I get annoyed very easily and the I can't keep my mouth shout about it.

For example, if there are two people in front of me walking in the mid of the sidewalk at a very S-L-O-W pace, I start screaming in my head "Jeez, do you really have ALL DAY to waste, don't you?!".
My grandma always told me to try to cause as little discomfort as possible to other people, so: walk on one side of the sidewalk, don't stand in the middle, think about people who might need to walk faster, be proactive in figuring other people's needs.

When it is raining and I am about to cross the street on a crosswalk, I can't stand people in a car not letting me pass. In Italy they don't usually stop for pedestrians, unless they are already crossing the street or are carrying a burden, a baby or there is an elderly crossing, but here in Argentina they RUN OVER YOU shamelessly.
Snappy attitude: I start yelling them "Vaff****o, do you think crosswalk are decorations?!" and I wish I had an hammer to break their windows, so that they'd learn their lesson.

Also, I am pretty straightforward: if I am calling someone to arrange a time to meet, I expect to end the call within 10' with a time and a place, not with a generic "dinner time" after 20 minutes of chit chat. Especially if we are talking about the same day and if there are other persons involved. This regularly happens when trying to make plans with my boyfriend's family (he does the talking over the phone).
Snappy attitude: I start yelling "Holy moly how is it possible you didn't get a time and a place?! You've been on the phone 30 f*ing minutes, what have you been talking about? Boludo!"

I don't like when people try to upsell, if I enter a shop with a specific request, I already made my mind before walking in. I understand marketing and stuff, but if I come in for a nail polisher and you don't have it, don't try to sell me a lipstick, it makes me feel a dumb prey.
Snappy attitude: I walk away too fast and it is considered rude, while too me I am just making them a favor to avoid wasting time when I am already sure I am not interested in buying something else.

I can't stand lies, and I am not a good liar. And very often I think that courteous wordings are just blatant lies everybody is fine with it. In the example above, once I get my answer "Sorry, we don't have it", I say "Too bad, thanks anyway" and I am already out of the store, while I gather that I should show some support for the poor sale assistant, wait for her to pitch in with some upselling, fake being interested and close with "I'll think about it".
Snappy attitude: In general, if someone is bullshitting me, I say openly "Bullshit" or I walk away, while in certain situations I should let the other people "win", smile, and try to bullshit back.

I hardly cope with other people's OCDs. There is this 'relative' that insists on keeping on my kitchen light even if he is sit in the living room facing the other way. I turn it off, he turns it on. I open a window, he closes that window. Frankly, when this happens twice in a row it gets kind of weird. A nice "Please, can you close the window that I am cold?" would be perfectly fine, especially because this person is a relative of my boyfriend and has been knowing me for 2 months.

In general, my boyfriend tells me that I should be more accommodating and that I should look after my own interests, even if that means to "play" along some bullshit, "accepting" an undefined answer, letting someone "win" and keep the lights on, etc.

I think part of my snappy attitude is that I make efforts to avoid certain behaviors - that keeps my mind busy all the time, and I am angry that someone gets along fine without all these self-controlling actions. I am not saying I am never wrong, but if I am carelessly walking in the mid of the sidewalk and I notice someone trying to pass me, immediately I am reminded that I should walk on the side and not in the middle.
Or if I turn on a light and then the owner of the house turns it off, I think "I shouldn't have turned it on in the first place" and I won't repeat the mistake.
Or if I am making plans who involve a third and a fourth persons, I try to define everything as much in advance as possible, so that they all have time to make arrangements of their own.

Mama mia. You must be like Anna Magnani. What part of Italy are you from? Ditto on everything you ranted about.

When people walk down the sidewalk with their spouse or friends at the pace of a turtle and they don't realize they're blocking the entire sidewalk and when you say permiso, permiso, con permiso, they act like you're the one that's being rude.

Mama mia. You must be like Anna Magnani. What part of Italy are you from? Ditto on everything you ranted about.

LOL! I am from the North (near Milan), and my grandparents were of Austrian descendant, so I don't picture myself as the stereotype of South Italians. However my vein pops very easily.
:D

No my 5 year old goes "Quiero Agua!!" to my wife, but says "Please daddy , can i have a cup of water if youre not too busy, thank you" to me.

My 3 yr old knows that he won't get anything from his mum without a please and thank you. I'vAnd I push him to say por favor and gracias too and he sounds SO much more polite than the usual quiero quiero quiero.... The thing is, here in Capital there's hardly any use of usted and if you use me gustaria or a quisiera people just think you're being weird, so it's a bit of an upward battle since the only place he's being asked to say por favor/gracias is at home.

LOL! I am from the North (near Milan), and my grandparents were of Austrian descendant, so I don't picture myself as the stereotype of South Italians. However my vein pops very easily.
:D

Well, the old saying goes, if you live in China long, you become very red coloured indeed !

I think the accent helps create the personality. ;)

Germans sound like they're angry.
The French always sound like they're trying to turn you on.
The Spanish sound like they're at a party.
And the British, no matter what they're saying, sound prim and proper.

Omg!!! i'd love to be on the passanger side when you drive!! you sound just like me
Wait until you are able to swear combining more than one language it becomes really funny but not less annoying
I had a friend some time ago she was blown away by the fact that i could swear for 5 miles in slow traffic not repeating the same word in both languages and making up new swear words....... the poor victim(my friend) is british....i would swear and she would get red in the face with the look of i can't believe you just said that :p

Omg!!! i'd love to be on the passanger side when you drive!! you sound just like me
Wait until you are able to swear combining more than one language it becomes really funny but not less annoying
I had a friend some time ago she was blown away by the fact that i could swear for 5 miles in slow traffic not repeating the same word in both languages and making up new swear words....... the poor victim(my friend) is british....i would swear and she would get red in the face with the look of i can't believe you just said that :p

So you'd take advantage to expand your vocabulary? :D

I think the accent helps create the personality. ;)

Germans sound like they're angry.
The French always sound like they're trying to turn you on.
The Spanish sound like they're at a party.
And the British, no matter what they're saying, sound prim and proper.

I was reminded of a favorite joke:

The difference between heaven and hell?

In heaven:
The French do the cooking
The Swiss run the hotels
The Italians do the lovemaking
The English run the police force
The Germans handle engineering

In hell:
The French run the hotels
The Swiss do the lovemaking
The Italians handle engineering