If You Are A Brit, Clap Your Hands!

As a Brit , i personally think the secrets are in the genes, the cold temper sort of accounts for most far Northern European people ie Scandinavians, Dutch, Germans,etc anything above France basically.
I can see it first hand, I have two young sons by my Argentine wife who is Italian decent. One of my kids is darker skinned, has a terrible temper and cant lower his voice below max volume most of the time. He also has no sense of others personal space (joke!). Anyway, Hes the Latino. My other son is blonde , blue eyed, no temper, sweet natured and generous , if he has 2 sweets, he`ll give you one if you ask. Hes the British one and people say that here.

But alot has to do with up bringing of the mid-upper classes in Britain that are taught to have good manners, respectful of others and polite. Its just some of the lower classes and politicians that are general arseholes in Britain. I noticed that my in-laws here never teach my sons to say please/por favor, thank you/gracias, etc. Where as i`m always correcting them if they dont say those words. Maybe theyre just laid back about it and i`m the strict one. But i hope they turn out the better for it.

As a Brit , i personally think the secrets are in the genes, the cold temper sort of accounts for most far Northern European people ie Scandinavians, Dutch, Germans,etc anything above France basically.
I can see it first hand, I have two young sons by my Argentine wife who is Italian decent. One of my kids is darker skinned, has a terrible temper and cant lower his voice below max volume most of the time. He also has no sense of others personal space (joke!). Anyway, Hes the Latino. My other son is blonde , blue eyed, no temper, sweet natured and generous , if he has 2 sweets, he`ll give you one if you ask. Hes the British one and people say that here.

But alot has to do with up bringing of the mid-upper classes in Britain that are taught to have good manners, respectful of others and polite. Its just some of the lower classes and politicians that are general arseholes in Britain. I noticed that my in-laws here never teach my sons to say please/por favor, thank you/gracias, etc. Where as i`m always correcting them if they dont say those words. Maybe theyre just laid back about it and i`m the strict one. But i hope they turn out the better for it.

You appear to have absorbed 19th-century pseudo-Darwinist values.

Well, I´m a brit who spent most of my life in Australia and Canada. Politness, like many other things, have gone down hill since the period between the two wars (for younger readers, that would be WW1 and WW2) - inversely proportional to the quality of coffee, thank goodness. However, where things go down hill, sense of humour gets better. Recent examples include the UKIP member who blamed the UK flooding on the legalisation of gay marriage. For me that´s the benefit of being a Brit. We can be as rude and imbecilic as anyone else, but we have a sense of humour - for insight into the british psyche, see http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/things-youll-find-funny-if-youre-british .

Back