Igauzu

We just reserved 3 nights + flights via Despegar.com.
We paid extra because I'm not a resident, also for a morning flight so we could arrive in time to enjoy our first day there.
We still haven't selected tours or decided on visiting the Brazilian side.
Has anyone visited the Ruins of the Jesuit Mission of San Ignacio?

citygirl said:
There is a walkway into garganta del diablo on the Argentine side, is that what you're thinking of?

It's quite a lovely trip and this time of year is perfect. I was just there a few weeks ago. Had on a long sleeved shirt and was perfectly comfortable walking around.

FWIW, I think you would see more than enough on the Argentine side without going through the headache and expense of getting a visa for Brasil. There is the upper circuit, the lower circuit and the walk out on the bridges to the garganta del diablo. And they have the train that takes you from one point to another (park entrance/entrance to the upper/lower circuit/entrance to the bridges to garganta). Plus if you're feeling adventurous/flush with cash, you can do one of the adventure tours from ecological paddling to a powerboat below the falls.

We took the plane - well worth it. It's a short flight and couldn't be easier. No idea on prices, best to check Aerolineas (I think our flight was designated Austral).

Have fun!

There is also a walkway at the brazilian side.
You should definitely see both sides, I prefer to see the brazilian first (there you have an overview), then the Argentine (where you practically walk over the water.
And definitely do the boat trip 'under' the falls!

jeff1234 said:
We just reserved 3 nights + flights via Despegar.com.
We paid extra because I'm not a resident, also for a morning flight so we could arrive in time to enjoy our first day there.
We still haven't selected tours or decided on visiting the Brazilian side.
Has anyone visited the Ruins of the Jesuit Mission of San Ignacio?

Yes! Loved San Ignacio!!

No!
> Has anyone visited the Ruins of the Jesuit Mission of San Ignacio?
If you only have 3 days it is a very very long bus ride to the ruins at San Ignacio (and back) via Wanda Mine witch is only a gem $tore.
They will move some tractors around for you to make it appear that Wanda is a working mine.
In my next lifetime and if I only get one 3 day visit to the area...... I will take one more day on the river, look at some fotos of San Ignacio ruins, read some history, rent the Robert de Niro DVD “The Mission” and call it good.

5 days maybe take the ride, 7 days go for it......

Back