IHOP

Mondongo

Registered
I would like to know if anyone here can recommend a coffee shop in CABA that serves classic, straightforward pancakes similar to those at IHOP.

I would like to know if anyone here can recommend a coffee shop in CABA that serves classic, straightforward pancakes similar to those at IHOP.

American-style breakfasts are tough to find. I do remember there was one place we visited for a BAExpats get-together back in 2017 or so, but I have no faintest recollection of what the name was or where it was located.

Peruvians are into hearty egg breakfasts, but Argentinos went the French-Italian limp-wristed Eurobreakfast route on that subject, tragically. It's coffee and toast, maybe a half-cooked grilled ham and cheese thingie if you're lucky.

Or maybe it's just porteños. I don't know. We need to keep reminding ourselves that there is life on the other side of General Paz. And people in the provinces, for the most part, don't give a fat rat's ass how they do it in Buenos Aires.

coincidence....I searched and searched for a mix that I could use.....no luck. What pancakes in restaurants (Pandora Rosa)...horrible. Yesterday I finally made my own....it was easy....and they were good. I think there is no other way to have pancakes.

No pancakes or maple syrup at Jays . The american Breakfast a disappointment, will NEVER return..!
Ah, they falsely advertise both. I saw them specifically advertising maple syrup and pancakes on their site and Instagram awhile back when I had looked into it. Good to know, so nobody goes expecting a parallel diner experience. Thanks for the information.

I haven't had the pancakes here, but for another diner-food option, you could give Trixie a shot:

Back