Im-Export valuable goods as a tourist - any regulations?

Ositis

Registered
Hi everyone,

Pls excuse my bad english and if this is not the right place to ask - I’m planning a four week trip to Argentina for end of this year and want to take my tech equipment („half professional“ Camera stuff, UAV, Laptop, IPad etc , all barely new, approx 6k€) with me.

Are there any extraordinary custom regulations for expensive „tourists goods“ like pre registration or custom deposits in Argentina?

Thanks in advance

Viele Grüsse

I don't think it will be a problem, unless it looks like you are planning to sell this stuff (don't bring original packaging, for example).

If you are a photographer, and can show your website or some page with your pictures, bringing in a semi-professional camera probably should not be a big deal.

you will have no problem. worse case if they raise an issue. have them "inventory" the tech and verify you are taking it bas when you leave. BUT frankly I wouldn't worry about it.

At the end of the day it mostly depends on who is standing opposite you when you go through the machines. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

What if I have a personal and a work laptop? Also my wife will have her laptop... Seems like I have too many laptops.
Are all three of them new and shiny MacBook Pros that you bought two days before your flight?

You and your wife are assumed to bring laptops with you, if your work laptop is visually different, most probably no questions will be asked. There are many legitimate reasons to travel with two laptops.

I am coming to BA in February to take care of my new grandchild for about a month. I want to bring clothes from Miami for my 3 grandchildren. What kind of issues will I encounter going through customs??

if its normal amounts of stuff you won't have any problem at all.

Back