Immigraciones opens

You can renew it on line and by e mail.
Ask for a vista of your file and see what is going on.
Are you aware that except for filing via Radex or at the Immigrations appointment, there's nobody?
Renew what and with who?
Ask who for a vista?

It’s highly YMMV. Generally you will get a the case resolved in 6-7 business days. Check your case on February 3. It should be resolved by then. The DNI can take 2 weeks or 2 months to arrive. It’s totally random.
I actually got the residency approved today :) The DNI will be another matter I expect.

Are you aware that except for filing via Radex or at the Immigrations appointment, there's nobody?
Renew what and with who?
Ask who for a vista?

ask somebody, they will figure.
I asked the delegacion's boss and he knew what is vista, everybody knew, don't worry.
It's easy thing, I had to fill in my datos personales in some paper, sign it, and had a huge file on a pen drive later.

Today after waiting for 6 weeks for Migraciones to pass the tramite to Renaper for the DNI, and after sending them two separate messages previously only to receive a general response of "wait 60 days", I used twitter to send them yet again another message time being VERY polite and citing a reason for the urgen need fo the DNI. In 4 hours someone actually called me over the phone from Migraciones and explained there was a "glitch" and the system did not register the payment of the DNI and did not proceed to send it to Renaper. They said it was fixed and my data had been resend to Renaper today. They said this was very common -- 1 in 300 cases.
So what is the take home message? If Renaper does not receive your tramite RESULTO within 10 days, it's stuck in the system and you have to bother Migraciones several times until someone actually checks what's going on. And it doesn't hurt asking "super nicely".

Renew what and with who?
Ask who for a vista?
My employed took vista of about 200 files since Immigration opened after quarantine.
The vista means that they give you the file in a pen drive and you can see what is going on with your file and fix it.
You ask for a vista without an appointment. The line is perpendicular to the entry under a tree with a sign that says "Mesa de Entradas" or "Vista" written by pen and posted with tape.
Once you pass the fence they send you to a line on the right of the door and they give you a number (the other line is on the right). The total wait is no more than 45´.
To renew a precaria you can do it on line here:
Or you send a email to: [email protected] .

Last edited:
Renewing Temporary Residency, second year. In case you're also swimming in a sea of uncertainty this may be helpful.
I just found the date that I completed the Radex application for renewal of visa, around 4 June 2020. The pandemic took hold and after delays and cancelled appointments at Immigrations to complete the application I received a firm turn in early October. 5 months after Radex. Everything was in order with my application except for the proof of income statement which I had clawed out of the US Embassy but it was not and I could not get the simple one page letter from the US Embassy legalized by the Cancilleria.
At the October Immigrations meeting they processed my application, issued a temporary Precaria and gave me a letter that said I had 90 days to provide them with the legalized income letter. And if I didn't produce the letter within 90 days I would have to start the process over as new.
I got assistance from an Argentine navigating the TAT website to submit the letter to be legalized by the Arg government. The first guy failed, months of delay, then a second one successfully submitted the doc on December 10 2020 and paid the government 300 peso fee. He advised that he had been advised it would take a month or so. There were no signs of movement as we waited.
Meanwhile Immigrations at the end of January 2021 issued an e-mail advising me that they had given another 90 days to produce the legalized letter. They had stopped threatening to start over as new. On 5 February TAT provided my adviser a cryptic notice that my letter had moved from one 6 letter acronym to another acronym location, at 29 days after it was submitted. No indication from TAT of what this meant or if there is a new time frame for legalizing the letter. That's where things stand, 8 months out.
If they produce the legalized letter, I can then upload it to a web address that Immigrations provided. Presumably this will produce a permanent Precaria and make me eligible to receive a new DNI card. Will this all take place before it's time to apply for my Temporary Residency for the 3rd year, June of 2021? Vamos a ver.

Last edited:
Renewing Temporary Residency, second year. In case you're also swimming in a sea of uncertainty this may be helpful.
I just found the date that I completed the Radex application for renewal of visa, around 4 June 2020. The pandemic took hold and after delays and cancelled appointments at Immigrations to complete the application I received a firm turn in early October. 5 months after Radex. Everything was in order with my application except for the proof of income statement which I had clawed out of the US Embassy but it was not and I could not get the simple one page letter from the US Embassy legalized by the Cancilleria.
At the October Immigrations meeting they processed my application, issued a temporary Precaria and gave me a letter that said I had 90 days to provide them with the legalized income letter. And if I didn't produce the letter within 90 days I would have to start the process over as new.
I got assistance from an Argentine navigating the TAT website to submit the letter to be legalized by the Arg government. The first guy failed, months of delay, then a second one successfully submitted the doc on December 10 2020 and paid the government 300 peso fee. He advised that he had been advised it would take a month or so. There were no signs of movement as we waited.
Meanwhile Immigrations at the end of January 2021 issued an e-mail advising me that they had given another 90 days to produce the legalized letter. They had stopped threatening to start over as new. On 5 February TAT provided my adviser a cryptic notice that my letter had moved from one 6 letter acronym to another acronym location, at 29 days after it was submitted. No indication from TAT of what this meant or if there is a new time frame for legalizing the letter. That's where things stand, 8 months out.
If they produce the legalized letter, I can then upload it to a web address that Immigrations provided. Presumably this will produce a permanent Precaria and make me eligible to receive a new DNI card. Will this all take place before it's time to apply for my Temporary Residency for the 3rd year, June of 2021? Vamos a ver.

Just some clarifications from personal experience and that of others.
1. Migraciones is working very efficiently these days. Not sure if it's cause they simply have no one asking for "residency" as the borders are closed or if the new directora has implemented some changes. Or a combo of both likely. They still have problems and delays but generally, I have gone thru the process 3 times, and this time was the fastest and easiest.
2. Once you have a document that they require in the process of approval by another state agency like Cancilleria, they will respect the delay and they will not make you restart anything. I am not sure if you misunderstood or were misinformed. Generally, migraciones will in good faith keep extending the "deadline" of the "citations/intimaciones" to bring missing paperwork for some time. I also once had to bring a document and was given 10 days. When I didn't show up with the document, since I couldn't get it, they just gave me 20 extra days without me even asking...If the deadline they have given you to present the document is approaching send them a message or upload the comprobante de tramite en proceso and they will give you more time.
3. Once you submitted the missing document expect a decision and resolution of you case within 5 business days (before Covid it used to take MONTHS). And the DNI should be in your hands 2-3 weeks after that. It used to take many months before. Again this is how fast things are going these days due to the fewer people going thru DNM.

Last edited:
Back