Immigraciones opens

Does anyone have an angle (that they can explain full in detail) on getting a document Legalized. The doc is from the US Embassy in Argentina.
I've asked the detailed question through the submit questions page: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/contacto/ Solicited an answer to the how, where, when it's possible to get a doc legalized because the Cancilleria is closed. They responded in a no reply e-mail that "We inform you that it is essential that you present said legalized document at the Cancilleria".
!!##WTF??? In the same e-mail they offered a chance to write again if my question wasn't answered. So, I went through the process again asking them to clarify. You are not allowed to paste any text into their question box!!! At the end after typing in a new request I tried to send the reply. In their page, up pops a message - that you're not allowed to submit another question for 48 hours since your last one. One moronic experience after another.
You have to find out if who signed it has his signature registered at the local foreign office, then, you need no legalization o to legalize it at Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriored local.

There is some inconsistency in your story. If the trámite is still in “supervision” it means you have not YET been granted/extended your residency. It needs to change to “resuelto” only then will the new DNI be made and send to you.

I understand it may seem inconsistent, but I'm just reporting what I was told at the appointment. I was told that it was granted and to wait 90 days for the DNI to arrive at the old address.

Hypothetically, what else 'needs' to be done at this point on their end and what would foreseeably stop it? She took and verified my documents, took my pic (at immigration), Isn't the processing now just a formality or am I missing something? Does a supervisor then need to approve the file internally?

I understand it may seem inconsistent, but I'm just reporting what I was told at the appointment. I was told that it was granted and to wait 90 days for the DNI to arrive at the old address.

Hypothetically, what else 'needs' to be done at this point on their end and what would foreseeably stop it? She took and verified my documents, took my pic (at immigration), Isn't the processing now just a formality or am I missing something? Does a supervisor then need to approve the file internally?
Yes needs to be reviewed/approved by a supervisor which takes 30 to 90 days after the cita. Only after that will your info be send off to Renaper (the DNI people). If this is your first DNI -- they will need to assign you a DNI number which takes extra time. Don't expect to see a "physical DNI" before April. You can download the digital in your phone once your case is approved "definitely" by the supervisor. Don't be stuck on the physical DNI.

Yes needs to be reviewed/approved by a supervisor which takes 30 to 90 days after the cita. Only after that will your info be send off to Renaper (the DNI people). If this is your first DNI -- they will need to assign you a DNI number which takes extra time. Don't expect to see a "physical DNI" before April. You can download the digital in your phone once your case is approved "definitely" by the supervisor. Don't be stuck on the physical DNI.

Can you open a bank account and do all the other thousands of things here that require a DNI with the physical one? Mercado pago and almost everything else online ask for you to scan your DNI (which assumes everyone has a physical DNI from the day they arrive apparently, but thats another discussion) with your smartphone camera. I never see an alternate option to upload a 'digital DNI' file.

Can you open a bank account and do all the other thousands of things here that require a DNI with the physical one? Mercado pago and almost everything else online ask for you to scan your DNI (which assumes everyone has a physical DNI from the day they arrive apparently, but thats another discussion) with your smartphone camera. I never see an alternate option to upload a 'digital DNI' file.
Legally the digital one is the same as the physical. Take a snapshot of the digital and use it to open accounts, mercadolibre et.

You can email to RENAPER and ask them to give you a photo of you physical DNI. They have it for all issued DNIs from the moment of issuing it.

You know where your physical DNI is now? there is an other option too.

Renaper seems to be not working. Today I was trying to schedule an appointment for a new DNI and it was impossible.

Renaper seems to be not working. Today I was trying to schedule an appointment for a new DNI and it was impossible.
There's a surprise of the week, month, year. Somebody designed their website and put in all the options for doing things, like scheduling appointments. Unfortunately the 2 website designers left and of course any aspect of the government services are missing in action and on eternal holiday. SNAFU

You have to find out if who signed it has his signature registered at the local foreign office, then, you need no legalization o to legalize it at Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriored local.
Thanks Bajo Cero, but finding that out - good luck. Here's what I finally did do, I think. Got the assistance of an Argentina who could navigate TAD, is registered with AFIP so he could pay the 300 peso fee, and he has submitted my one page doc to be legalized. He says it may take up to a month to get the legalized doc back, but hey who's counting?! Thanks for the advice on Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriored Local. But I do wonder if that office is open either?

Thanks Bajo Cero, but finding that out - good luck. Here's what I finally did do, I think. Got the assistance of an Argentina who could navigate TAD, is registered with AFIP so he could pay the 300 peso fee, and he has submitted my one page doc to be legalized. He says it may take up to a month to get the legalized doc back, but hey who's counting?! Thanks for the advice on Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriored Local. But I do wonder if that office is open either?
You do not need to have an AFIP key to pay the fee. There is a glitch in the system. You can do it just with a miArgentina account. Login with miArgentina into TAD and then just copy paste the tramite number in the URL if it keeps asking to login with AFIP.
I guess it's not too late for this time but FYI for next time you need to use it.

Back