Immigration Lawyer for Temporary Residence / Work Visa

mrproper

Registered
Hey, all!

I'm currently in the process of getting all my paperwork for a temporary work visa done (I'm currently on a tourist visa), but after just sending off the FBI request form with my prints back to the States, I'm a bit dismayed to learn it may take 2+ months (!)

Not sure if I'll still have the job offer after this amount of time, and was hoping someone might know of a good immigration lawyer that knows the right people and can grease some wheels. I saw some prior posts about someone paying 1000 pesos back in 2011 to a lawyer and getting a temporary work visa (without the papers while he was on a tourist visa), so would love to know if anyone has worked with an immigration lawyer or knows of one that they can recommend.

Anyone will do, really - would be great if they can get something done, but I'm at the very least looking for someone that is trustworthy that has worked with someone here in the past on any immigration issue so I could at least ring them and ask if this type of thing would be possible.

Thank you SO MUCH in advance!

KarlaBA said:
http://www.argentinaresidency.com/
Lorena. honest and very effective.

Lorena did my residency also. She is excellent with her work and she's also a good friend of mine. She will be very upfront with you about whether you are going to get residency or not with the situation you have and there won't be any surprises.

I know Gabriel Celano and I recommend him highly. However the first thing he will tell you is that the FBI report takes 2 months. It DOES take 2 months.

I used someone else in the past but now am using Celano to get my permanent residency (done) and citizenship. He is cheaper and faster than who I used before. I highly recommend him too.

Thank you, guys! Verdict so far among the two contacts (Celano and Lorena) have been that, sí o sí, I need to at least have the background check (thus 2 months minimum). Will update this thread if I find anyone or any other method to "expedite" the process. Any further contacts or advice is still appreciated!

Thanks again, guys!

Avoid whoever who offer you an "expedite" process because you might finish with a criminal case and a deportation order.
Even I don´t know those lawyers who were recommended, I do know some of those who offer a fast process because they are in Jail and they call me for a legal defense. However, I didn´t wantt to take the case and I recommend a college.
Regards

Hi mrproper,
Unfortunately, there's no way that I could find to get the FBI criminal background check expedited (and believe me, I tried!). Do not use the expediting services authorized by the FBI for this purpose; they use digital fingerprints and only work for operations within the US. When I was having trouble with my process, the lawyers at work mentioned something called a "visa técnica". I didn't look into it any further because I advanced in my own process, but I'm doubtful they'll let you do anything without an FBI background check.
I can't imagine any Argentine lawyer who could expedite such an official process in the US. Good luck!

Back