Importing a TV from USA to Argentina

This is a bit silly, but when we bought the 50" Philips TV we went to the shop (Gabarino in Belgrano), and the shop assistant checked the stock and gave us the list price, significantly more than the online offer we had seen. We mentioned this, and suddenly it was a case of "oh yes, I can give you that price". I don't know where you could physically go and buy a Samsung TV but maybe it's worth trying.

Check this entry level TV reviews before deciding.
Seems it's OK but with narrow viewing angles.
All depends on uses and expectations.

Iz

I own two Samsung TVs. They have been flawless since day 1 BUT

What you see might not be what you get.
Based my purchase on the TV frame and stickers that promised every feature available in the Milky Way.
Dolby Digital Plus, DTS 2.0 out, to name the main two engraved on the frame. NONE OF THEM are actually available, they're grayed out on the setup menu.

There has never been a software update for these now long discontinued models. They can be hacked and messed with but that's another story.

Make sure you can browse the menu and the promised features are enabled. Remember LA models are usually dumbed down versions of the First World units.

Do not trust the sales people, they're only there to put the boxes out on the street.

Iz

I own two Samsung TVs. They have been flawless since day 1 BUT

What you see might not be what you get.
Based my purchase on the TV frame and stickers that promised every feature available in the Milky Way.
Dolby Digital Plus, DTS 2.0 out, to name the main two engraved on the frame. NONE OF THEM are actually available, they're grayed out on the setup menu.

There has never been a software update for these now long discontinued models. They can be hacked and messed with but that's another story.

Make sure you can browse the menu and the promised features are enabled. Remember LA models are usually dumbed down versions of the First World units.

Do not trust the sales people, they're only there to put the boxes out on the street.

Iz
That is a bit off. I made a comparison of 50" TVs before we bought, I can share the Excel if anyone is interested. The feature comparison I made was from Mercadolibre, and I haven't seen any grayed out menu items yet.

That is a bit off. I made a comparison of 50" TVs before we bought, I can share the Excel if anyone is interested. The feature comparison I made was from Mercadolibre, and I haven't seen any grayed out menu items yet.
Good for you!

Specs (quoted by sellers and advertising) might not match what you actually get and that's not a discussion I'd like to get into with a salesperson while trying to return the product and get a refund.

Jblaze experience with Samsung TVs matches mine (see page 4). Same brand, different years, models and screen sizes.

Iz

Back