In BA the subway shows up every three minutes

MilHojas

Registered
Fascinating side-by-side comparison. The article seems to suggest that there are some upsides to having strong unions. Although suburban rail was only mentioned in passing I hope it receives the same careful and attentive maintenance as the Subte because the filthy and neglected appearance of the service I regularly use (LSM) doesn't inspire confidence.

In the next few years, López Menéndez said, more changes may be coming to city streets.
Underground, Alabuenas said, residents can expect the city to move forward with plans for a new subway line in the next few years and to replace old trains.
And the city isn’t settling for three minute wait times, Alabuenas said. It’s working on installing an updated subway signal system throughout the network. That could allow for trains to arrive every 90 seconds.

this is cute. this writer has no clue that this kind of promise has been made for decades.

Archived version
As someone who knows the "T" quite well and just moved here from Cambridge I have found the subway/commuter rail/bus systems here to be FANTASTIC. I do not know the policies/subsidies behind the fare structure but every time that I have used it, it has been on time. I took the commuter rail to Tigre and what I really liked was taking the scenic ride back. I love the little cafes situated on the various stops and they look better to visit than most of the restaurants that I have gone to.

As someone who knows the "T" quite well and just moved here from Cambridge I have found the subway/commuter rail/bus systems here to be FANTASTIC. I do not know the policies/subsidies behind the fare structure but every time that I have used it, it has been on time. I took the commuter rail to Tigre and what I really liked was taking the scenic ride back. I love the little cafes situated on the various stops and they look better to visit than most of the restaurants that I have gone to.
By scenic you mean the tren de la Costa that ends at Mitre station? I watched them revive that line several decades ago. It had been abandoned. A private investor(s) poured a fortune into it. I took a group of freight railway executives (all engineers) from the US to see it just after completion. They inspected the tracks and all the engineering involved and pronounced everything first rate. Also the investors did a superb job of restoring the stations. Sadly economic problems led to the deterioration of the line. I don't know who owns it now but when it was new it was truly impressive.

What I find amazing about taking the Subte línea H or E is the ride is only a minute from station to station.

By scenic you mean the tren de la Costa that ends at Mitre station? I watched them revive that line several decades ago. It had been abandoned. A private investor(s) poured a fortune into it. I took a group of freight railway executives (all engineers) from the US to see it just after completion. They inspected the tracks and all the engineering involved and pronounced everything first rate. Also the investors did a superb job of restoring the stations. Sadly economic problems led to the deterioration of the line. I don't know who owns it now but when it was new it was truly impressive.
Yes this is the section of line that I was referring to, I might just take the ride to eat in one of the cafes. They have been busy the both times that I have taken this route.

Back