In Need Of A World Cup Angel

Juantime

Registered
Hello!

We keep a low profile but here we are... in need of help from an adept BA expat.

We want to buy a TV. After months of indecision, we have reached consensus on make, model, etc. and suddenly there is a sale on (a 24 hour sale and yes, I'm sure there will be more sales before the cup but I think we'll be in the same situation) where we need to pay by local credit card which of course we don't have.

They do 6 quotas I think but anyway, if there was a brave soul with whom we could sit down and arrange the whole thing and give cash (and hugs if that is your wont), it would be immensely appreciated.

Positivity and generosity are what follows, I'm sure.

Thanks!

Try to offer a cash discount. . . it may even be lower then the credit card, if this place won´t do it, try another. These discounts aren´t listed, they are technically illegal (no one knows this) but you must ask.

Any store in town will take cash. Since you have it, use it to buy the television. You don't need an expat with a credit card to make the transaction.

You won't be paying the "credit" price, but the "cash" price which is 10% less.

The 24-hour sale is a marketing hook to get people in the door to buy something on impulse that they want but don't have the money to buy.

Thanks. I went for a place on ML and got the tv at the price I wanted and saved on delivery as a taxi back cost less than $100. I took public transport there so the whole thing came to 7,600 for a 42" LG. Happy World Cup!

Back