Increase in Monotributo...up to 85% increase

jez

Registered
Anyone noticed an small increase in Monotributo payments, mine is 'debito automatico'; no warning (not that I would really expect one) but AFIP just took the new increased amount.

If you declare the minimum it's an increase of 85.62%...yes you did read that right:

tax.jpg

-Nevermind. I see now it says 'mensual'.

That sucks.

Neil

I sometimes forget how absurd reality can be in Argentina.

The government keeps fiddling with the inflation numbers to make them look better, but then the federal tax agency bumps up the tax by 85%.

-Oh no; that's not contradictory at all...

Neil

When did the increase start? I paid this in advance for January and February. How will they collect the higher rate for these two months?

sergio said:
When did the increase start? I paid this in advance for January and February. How will they collect the higher rate for these two months?

The increase came into effect on the 1st Jan 2010

Jez, thanks...Now I wonder how they will collect the difference between the old and the new rates. In November I paid up through the end of February.

sergio said:
Jez, thanks...Now I wonder how they will collect the difference between the old and the new rates. In November I paid up through the end of February.

They won't ask you for them, you will have to log into the AFIP website and print them off to pay the difference.....

1: Go to http://www.afip.gov.ar/
2: Put in you CUIT / CUIL / CDI and press enter
3: Enter your Clave Fiscal - (if you don't have a Clave Fiscal you will have to go to your Tax office with your ID document and get a new Clave. Make sure you go to the tax office for the address you are registered with AFIP, if you go to another one they wont be able to help you - take a copy of your Document)
4: Click on: CCMA - CUENTA CORRIENTE DE CONTRIBUYENTES MONOTRIBUTISTAS Y AUTONOMOS
5: Hover over CUENTA CORRIENTE, then click Recálculo de Deuda a Fecha
6: Enter the dates (or just leave the default), then click CALCULO DE DUEDA
7: Click VOLANTE DE PAGO and print all the duedas
8: Take it to a bank to pay

If you don't pay your debts you will get charged interest on a monthly basis for each of the three payments that make up your MONOTRIBUTO contribution, I left it for a few months and ended up having to print of 21 payment slips for a grand total of AR$11 debt!

jez said:
no warning (not that I would really expect one) but AFIP just took the new increased amount.

No warning? it's been on the news for at least 2 or 3 months. They "just took" the increased amount because you have débito automático.

Débito automático is generally not a good idea in Argentina. You can pay all your services & taxes through pagomiscuentas.com. That way you can control (and decide) what you're paying.

Attorney in BA said:
No warning? it's been on the news for at least 2 or 3 months. They "just took" the increased amount because you have débito automático.

Débito automático is generally not a good idea in Argentina. You can pay all your services & taxes through pagomiscuentas.com. That way you can control (and decide) what you're paying.

No Warning (that was a comment not a criticism)....most of the important stuff makes it to this forum and I don't recall seeing it here. Is it really the responsibility of the 'Noticias' to inform people of rate rises or the companies/providers themselves. I don't live in Buenos Aires so don't get to see my bills, I can't risk them not being paid, if they cut off my internet/electricity I wont be able to rent my apartment. If I pay debito automatico and check my account once a month I can spend my time doing more important stuff

It doesn't matter if they put the rates we all have to pay them anyway...

Back