Inexpensive Gyms

highland110

Registered
Hello,

I'm currently living in Recoleta and the gyms in this area are pretty expensive. Does anyone know where I can find gyms that charge a more reasonable rate?

Thanks

In Belgrano. It's a hike for you but there is a gym on the corner of Cabildo and Juramento. 2nd floor. No AC, no juice bar, no cable tv on the treadmill, no chicks in make-up and designer sneakers. Just iron plates, racks, and a room for basic classes. The last I checked they were A$R250 per month.

Check out Don Napoleon on Paraguay, near Facultad de Medicina.

The gym I go to in [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Palermo Hollywood (Carranza btw Paraguay and Guatemala) is only $230/month. A bit far from you and women only, not sure if that's an o[/background]p[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]tion for you. Basically just ask for [/background]prices [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]in all the tiny neighborhood ones that don't have [/background]pools!

In Belgrano. It's a hike for you but there is a gym on the corner of Cabildo and Juramento. 2nd floor. No AC, no juice bar, no cable tv on the treadmill, no chicks in make-up and designer sneakers. Just iron plates, racks, and a room for basic classes. The last I checked they were A$R250 per month.

Well, that's sound not much of a deal. There is a popular gym next to my building, they also advertise here in Zona Norte, and I think they have more than one location (always outsite city limits). It costs ARS 260/mo for classes, and ARS 290/mo if you want to use the training tools (musculacion).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gimnasio-Los-Druidas/219037003125

To be honest, it is too crowded for my taste, plus you are even supposed to sweat. Not my kind of place. :D But they do have AC and Zumba classes. And no pool or sauna or other amenities, at least in the location of San Isidro.
Open on Sat until 2 PM, closed on Sunday.

I avoid the gyms and opt for an outdoor fitness area. I use the one near Plaza Francia between Libertador and Alvear where there is an "estacion saludable.". There are some bars to do pull ups and other simple machines as well as a good area for running some laps.
Quite a few personal trainers take their clients to this area too.

Best of all it's free and the weather is great this time of the year.

"Libertad" on Libertad between Arenales and Juncal is cheap, also "Genesis" on M.T. Alvear at the corner of Riobamba. Both are air conditioned which is nice in summer.

Always on Guatemala is brilliant - 500 pesos a month but that includes all classesl; Spin, yoga and pilates - it's worth it if you think you will go to these regularly.

Back