Inflation

Pensador

Registered
Is just me or this still rolling I can remember hearing about it but living it is a different thing. Seems prices have gone up around 8 to 10 % in the last two months. For things like meat and chicken etc. It is sort of mind blowing. Up up up have to make sure your ready to pay more. Not a big deal for me but it must be crushing the poor locals.

Last edited:
My Trumpeter malbec jumped from 230 to 280 a bottle in ten days.I was like damn. And I do not have time to run around town trying to find the lowest price. URU was expensive yes but this is starting to pass that. Plus URU has way better infrastructure all the way around. Power almost never goes out and the internet is 100 times faster for same price as 10 times slower here. Oh well it is what it is.

My Trumpeter malbec jumped from 230 to 280 a bottle in ten days.I was like damn. And I do not have time to run around town trying to find the lowest price. URU was expensive yes but this is starting to pass that. Plus URU has way better infrastructure all the way around. Power almost never goes out and the internet is 100 times faster for same price as 10 times slower here. Oh well it is what it is.

Forget all this. Take care of mother in law.

Yes it keeps on going up but just not as much as it did before. It'll take at least ten years or more to get it down to an acceptable level but not before retailers are forced to stop passing the buck on to consumers.

Yes it keeps on going up but just not as much as it did before. It'll take at least ten years probably more to get it down to an acceptable level but not before retailers are forced to stop passing the buck on to consumers.

I paid $35.00 for a half dozen eggs,yesterday.
Why should I care about prices of anything in Chile?
I paid $55 for a tray of 30 large eggs when the weekly feria came to the plaza on Tuesday. And some very good prices for nice fruit and veg.

Talking of inflation at around 25%, it's worth asking the question: 25% of what? I tend to be a cash buyer so markets suit me, but if you have the right card from the right bank and spend it in the right supermarket on the right day you can save as much as 30% of the marked price. Yes it takes some organisation but it's a way of holding inflation back by a year or so.

Back