Info on importing goods to bsas

comicerrant1

Registered
Good evening, everyone.

So, as many of you know..it's tough getting a steady job starting from zero in Buenos Aires these days, and I'm one of the few that totally crashed and burned within 6 months of trying it.

In my post-trip analysis of what i've experienced and my brainstorming on how to maybe make a few bucks to support myself in Argentina, the idea of importing a pair of special US products came to mind, most particularly one.

What makes things worse is that importation isn't exactly thriving in Argentina these days either, with CFK's agenda in the mix.

My questions are: Have any of you had moderate success as importers? Is it difficult/costly to start up? Does the importation tax dramatically effect the product price? And, finally, any tips on finding vendors?

Any and all info is welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

comicerrant1 said:
Good evening, everyone.

So, as many of you know..it's tough getting a steady job starting from zero in Buenos Aires these days, and I'm one of the few that totally crashed and burned within 6 months of trying it.

In my post-trip analysis of what i've experienced and my brainstorming on how to maybe make a few bucks to support myself in Argentina, the idea of importing a pair of special US products came to mind, most particularly one.

What makes things worse is that importation isn't exactly thriving in Argentina these days either, with CFK's agenda in the mix.

My questions are: Have any of you had moderate success as importers? Is it difficult/costly to start up? Does the importation tax dramatically effect the product price? And, finally, any tips on finding vendors?

Any and all info is welcome and appreciated. Thanks.
I admire your determination but honestly I can not think of any more frustrating enterprise than trying to import anything at the moment. You may already know this but anyone wanting to import must also export some other product of equal value and even then there are no guarantees your merchandise will not be permanently stranded in customs. That is to say that probably any other business venture would bring you less grief.

Importing stuff is a disaster.....I am sure even more of a disaster now. Essentially, the aduana just charges you whatever they think you will pay...it really has little to do with the published import rate. Unless you have government or mafia connections, forget it!

Back