Insurance Covering Pregnancy

sere

Registered
Hi I'm new to the city. Can anyone give some advice on insurance that covers pregnancy-related expense? So far I only checked with Hospital Aleman which is 4 blocks from where I live. Their A3 plan for my age is 917 peso per month, under condition that I wait 2 months before getting pregnant; pregnancy within 2 months would result in switch to another plan that costs much higher (1602 pesos monthly) plus 19000 pesos delivery fee.

My situation is a bit complicated coz I may give birth in my home country so I don't need delivery cost to be covered. In this case, would it be better if I pay out of my own pocket for the medical checks and tests during the first 3-4 months and don't take any insurance? Would it be expensive?

I barely speak Spanish. Any recommendation for other English-speaking hospitals that have their own insurance or insurance companies?

Thanks a million!

Are you already pregnant? If not I'd take advantage and get the insurance in BA just in case you need more visits to the doc than you estimate

if not pregnant, take insurance. If pregnant take insurance anyways as a baby can be born months before the due date for numerous reasons. The bottom line is, unless you are here for a few weeks, take insurance.

What about if you are already pregnant? Swiss Medical says you have to wait 3 months to get pregnant. They say they don't have a plan that covers your pregnancy related costs if your already pregnant. Is there an insurance company that will take you on if your baby is already on the way?

What about if you are already pregnant? Swiss Medical says you have to wait 3 months to get pregnant. They say they don't have a plan that covers your pregnancy related costs if your already pregnant. Is there an insurance company that will take you on if your baby is already on the way?

This has been asked several times. Some companies will take you in order to be accepted you have to pay for the months you have been pregnant plus the waiting months. Hospital Aleman does this, I think Galeno does this too. There might be others.

so you buy the insurance wait 3 months and try to get pregnant? seems like a fair deal-

Back