Intro To A San Francisco Expat

MateMonkey

Registered
Hey All!

I´m Nick, from San Francisco, California and currently writing to you all from Tupungato, Argentina.

The reason I landed here was to volunteer on a ranch in the Andes -- flyfishing, wine making, horseback riding and farming organically. The trouble is, I haven´t learned about any of that, and instead have assumed a role as nanny to the 6-month old, 2, 5 & 7 year-olds. They host tourists, so in addition to babysitter I am also dishwasher...

So! Not sure how much longer I´d like to stay in this situation and looking for alternative ideas in Mendoza, Cordoba, Misiones, or BA. I´m 24 years old, have some restaurant experience, sold advertising in the states and would prefer to find a role where I can make some money to support the next 5 1/2 months of my adventure.

As you can tell, I love yerba mate and would like to connect with any other expat mate fanatics.

Cheers!
Nick

Hi Nick. I can't offer you any advice to help you out, but If you were boondoggled into being a nanny and feel you have been mislead, you might make sure that nobody else falls into the same trap by informing the source where you found out about the position. Word gets out quick on the internet.

I'm a maté junkie and got hooked in the States years ago before ever coming to Argentina. I'm from Colorado, but call California my second home as that's where I most recently lived in USA. I'm a barber and I'm working on building a clientele so I can support myself here as well. This city is so dynamic and layered I know it will take some time to get feeling comfortable! Keep in touch and when you arrive in BA, we´ll sip the sweet sauce together.

Back