Investment Residence Permit

Hi. I am living overseas and would like to apply for an investor permanent residence permit in Argentina.

The argentina.gob.ar website says the Investment should be no less than 1.500.000 pesos, and an investment plan, as well as a business plan, should be submitted. However, since I am overseas for the moment, I cannot know where I should invest or how to setup a business there.

I actually only want to buy land and start a small farm, would that be accepted by the Argentine government as investment, as long as I pay the required amount above?

Wouldn't be better to visit the country first as a tourist and then decide what would be the best area to invest/purchase land in?

Could someone who went through the same process before be so kind and provide some help?

Thank you very much.

Chivilcoy would be perfect for you 135 km. from Capital , there may a be a Ranch near town for sale . What you asked for a small tract with a house to be able to raise some veggies etc. If interested contact Mckenna

Thank you. I read that Las Pampas is the best region in Argentina for agriculture, but I am thinking about buying land in Patagonia (Western Rio Negro), I assume land there is would be less expensive than Buenos Aires province, and water would be abundant.

The main concern for me is the price of the land. According to this article, there is going to be an important decline in the prices of land in Argentina until the end of 2021. But I don't know what prices to expect.

I am now trying to contact a lawyer regarding how to carry on with the legal procedure without compromising on my plan to start a farm, and I hope they can help.
You need to come down and visit. And, remember, the Country is BIG, and the roads are not autobahns. It takes days to drive around even the Provincia of Buenos Aires. You need to experience the actual logistics of Rio Negro, for example. Visit the local hardware stores and ag supply dealers, see the situation on the ground.
Me, I love the countryside, AND the city, so I would want to be accessible. There are areas where land barely ever changes hands, and is still in the family of settlers from 200 years ago, and other areas where there are smaller parcels.
There are a lot of small towns that have emptied out over the last fifty years, with an exodus to the capital, even in Buenos Aires Provincia, where prices should not be too bad- I particularly like Ruta 29, which goes south from Buenos Aires towards Mar de Plata, where a couple hours out, you can be in a land time forgot, with villages seemingly unchanged since the forties. I doubt they are very pricey.

You need to come down and visit. And, remember, the Country is BIG, and the roads are not autobahns. It takes days to drive around even the Provincia of Buenos Aires. You need to experience the actual logistics of Rio Negro, for example. Visit the local hardware stores and ag supply dealers, see the situation on the ground.
Me, I love the countryside, AND the city, so I would want to be accessible. There are areas where land barely ever changes hands, and is still in the family of settlers from 200 years ago, and other areas where there are smaller parcels.
There are a lot of small towns that have emptied out over the last fifty years, with an exodus to the capital, even in Buenos Aires Provincia, where prices should not be too bad- I particularly like Ruta 29, which goes south from Buenos Aires towards Mar de Plata, where a couple hours out, you can be in a land time forgot, with villages seemingly unchanged since the forties. I doubt they are very pricey.

What you described is exactly the type of place I want. The problem we have here in my country, and in North Africa in general, is that arable land is expensive, and very limited, and water is scarce and the few which exists is funneled to very large farmers. All this doesn't seem to exist in Argentina, plenty of arable land, plenty of water.

I will definitely come and have a look, I am only waiting for the lock-down to be lifted here and in Argentina.

But how do people usually do to buy land and real estate, do they go through brokers/dealers, or they contact the owner directly? Is there somewhere where one can find announcements of this kind (websites, newspapers)? Which method is cheaper and without hassle?

I am ready to invest in the infrastructure if water is accessible and if that means significantly cheaper. Remoteness and the condition of the road does not really bother me, as I am used to it (some roads here have not been fixed since the colonial era). As I wrote in my earlier replies, my plan is very simple, and I don't expect everything to be perfect, it's not what I'm looking for.

Chivilcoy would be perfect for you 135 km. from Capital , there may a be a Ranch near town for sale . What you asked for a small tract with a house to be able to raise some veggies etc. If interested contact Mckenna

Thank you, I will give it a try.

If your plan is farming, you don’t need immigration permits as soon as you are going to be ourmt of the radar. I suggest you just live here until you have the 2 years for citizenship. Bring birth and criminal check certificates apostilled both.
When you talk with lawyers, double check they have bar id at https://w3.cpacf.org.ar/GuiaAbo2/GuiaAbo3.aspx

If your plan is farming, you don’t need immigration permits as soon as you are going to be ourmt of the radar. I suggest you just live here until you have the 2 years for citizenship. Bring birth and criminal check certificates apostilled both.
When you talk with lawyers, double check they have bar id at https://w3.cpacf.org.ar/GuiaAbo2/GuiaAbo3.aspx

Thank you for reaching out.

Wouldn't staying in the country for two years without permit (i.e. illegally) cause me some troubles when I meet the judge to obtain my citizenship?

Cheers.

Thank you for reaching out.

Wouldn't staying in the country for two years without permit (i.e. illegally) cause me some troubles when I meet the judge to obtain my citizenship?

Cheers.
No at all.
You are not illegal.
You don’t neew to wait until the second year. You need the 2 years for getting citizenship.

No at all.
You are not illegal.
You don’t neew to wait until the second year. You need the 2 years for getting citizenship.
When you say live here for 2 years - you mean actually stay in the country for a full two years? Is it enough to have a 2 year rental contract to show the place and length of residence? Or does one need to be in the country for a certain number of days per year? Thanks!

When you say live here for 2 years - you mean actually stay in the country for a full two years? Is it enough to have a 2 year rental contract to show the place and length of residence? Or does one need to be in the country for a certain number of days per year? Thanks!
Something in between.
You don’t need uninterrupted residency, and the lease is the evidence of your will of coming back, but if you are not here 6 months and 1 day per year, it ia difficult to win the case.

Something in between.
You don’t need uninterrupted residency, and the lease is the evidence of your will of coming back, but if you are not here 6 months and 1 day per year, it ia difficult to win the case.

For example I enter Argentina on Jan 1st 2021, and do not leave the country for more than 6 months each year, then I can apply for the citizenship on Jan 1st 2023?

But for my tourist visa I can only stay inside the country visa-free for 90 days. Can I just stay in Argentina uninterupptedly without applying for temporary visa without any problem? And what if I leave the country for a month after staying for 120 days in Argentina? Will they question why I overstay for 30 days with my tourist visa?

And being able to get citizenship after staying for 2 years sounds too good to be true lol While getting pr needs 3 years of residency and all the difficulties for extending the temporary visa every year. So why bother to do all these while getting citizenship is even easier? I am really curious. Is there other considerations that I have missed?

Back