Is Argentina still banning Americans from entering the country?

Diego NC

Registered
I am Argentinian by birth, but also a US citizen. I don't know when I will be able to get a flight to come to Argentina, but that's a secondary concern to me. The big question is, due to the COVID-19 restrictions, whether I'd be allowed to enter the country, either as an Argentinian or as an American. I don't want to get stranded in the airport or sent back to the USA.

Last edited:
yes, as an Argentine you will be allowed, Argentine citizens and permanent residents are allowed. Just get your Argentine passport in order.
But as everybody else told you - wait till the ordeal is somewhat over, it's was worse in Arg than in US now - in almos every way.

yes, as an Argentine you will be allowed, Argentine citizens and permanent residents are allowed. Just get your Argentine passport in order.
But as everybody else told you - wait till the ordeal is somewhat over, it's was worse in Arg than in US now - in almos every way.
Every way except 180,000 dead people, with an estimated 300,000 dead by the first of the year. I am in the US now, but its far from rosy and happy up here- between the neverending deaths, and the crashed economy, and the armed populace going nuts, Argentina is sounding pretty good to me. If I can, I will be down there by January.

Every way except 180,000 dead people, with an estimated 300,000 dead by the first of the year. I am in the US now, but its far from rosy and happy up here- between the neverending deaths, and the crashed economy, and the armed populace going nuts, Argentina is sounding pretty good to me. If I can, I will be down there by January.
Ries,

Please comment on this:

This "defunding the police department" idea ...

Thanks,

T

I am Argentinian by birth, but also a US citizen. I don't know when I will be able to get a flight to come to Argentina, but that's a secondary concern to me. The big question is, due to the COVID-19 restrictions, whether I'd be allowed to enter the country, either as an Argentinian or as an American. I don't want to get stranded in the airport or sent back to the USA.
For Argentina you are argentine. They cannot deny your the entry as argentine.

To be honest, I am in US, I do not feel that bad at all. Just came back from 2 weeks vacation in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico does not really test much at all. Hospitals are not crowded, restaurants are open with distance seating, life seems to be OK. Coming back to SF, airports customs and streets, people are much more careful than Mexicans, everyone I see in SF Bay Area is abiding the rules, and most people work from home. I do not understand how virus can spread in US. And I do not understand why we can't act like Mexicans. You can not be too scared. Europe should lift the travel ban too, their travel industry is dying.

Has anyone heard of any options regarding PCR testing and shorter quarantine validity? I know many countries are now offering this type of thing to avoid the hard 14 day quarantine.

Has anyone heard of any options regarding PCR testing and shorter quarantine validity? I know many countries are now offering this type of thing to avoid the hard 14 day quarantine.
Even Bolivia is offering that right now, Uruguay is doing PCR + only a week quarantine (but still not allowing tourists). My guess is Argentina will allow tourists with a PCR (and a valid health insurance) at some point later this year, probably starting mid-November or December. But that's just a guess (hope).

Uruguay is doing PCR + only a week quarantine (but still not allowing tourists).
Hopefully Argentina can follow suit... I have my doubts because it would require some actual coordination and planning

Back