Is it a good time to go back?

“televisores LCD para todos:) Oh yeah thats what you all need more mental junk food and free at that.. Coming up next Direct TV? Motos? Ipods for Cumbia? Cumbia?

Nothing like Adobe Huts outfitted with the latest technology FREE, futball free, and lots of free Cumbia too! :eek:

Jazrzg,

And that's why nothing will change anytime soon. Even just a year ago the global economic community had high hopes for new leadership in Argentina, but now the chances for that look bleak.

We will likely have a government that will keep out foreign investment for some time. Brazil and Chile are benefiting enormously from foreign interest in this continent full of opportunities. But foreign companies continue to avoid Argentina like the plague. What the government did to energy companies alone caused a stampede out of here. And then there's the unions, pension fund theft, ever changing rules and regulations, unfair employee bias......INFLATION.

So Argentina will continue to fall behind it's neighbors and rely just on soy beans until this substantially changes. It works for the government and for the small percentage of the country that's wealthy. But even the latter may get disenchanted when the peso starts to be seriously devalued.

My guess? There will be another major crisis before anything substantially changes. And even then, Argentina has a history of continuing to shoot itself in the foot.

OP, the US is a mess now too. And so is Europe. So I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for. I'd go to one of the healthy and growing LAM countries.

Give Austin a try. I've lived in a few different places at home and abroad. Austin ranks right there at the top (along with pretty much any mountainous region of Colorado).

perry said:
you really have your head up your a.... If you cannot see the changes in the last 10 years in argentina
yes i have seen the changes of the last ten year and the 10 years before that. And quite frankly i do not see any form of leadership with vision.

"buenos aires has the largest theatre district of the world and also a countless array of museums . "
what are you talking about????? This is just plain wrong. Further, what on earth does theatre have to do with with anything? Back in the days of the ussr, moscow boasted the largest theatre district and it was all crap.:eek:

largest theatre district...

I pass it everyday and to be fair Tolstoy it isnt..more like Folles bergers if you're lucky. All that ass and tit at 8am in the morning can be very unpleasant before breakfast... and thats before mentioning Ricardo Fort!:rolleyes:

texxaslonghorn said:
Give Austin a try. I've lived in a few different places at home and abroad. Austin ranks right there at the top (along with pretty much any mountainous region of Colorado).

Austin ROCKS! As I recall a very diverse night life.. women are very friendly :D and good looking. But I was there in the 80s I have no idea about today.

I'm quite and simple sick and annoyed to read this utterly nonsense written by those right wingers pseudo masochist and neo-liberal lovers that their only goal is to put down this government doesn't matter with what, lies, unproved arguments and more lies and innuendos just to justify their hate and dislike of this democratically elected government, they probably will prefer a 'De Facto' military junta or a non democratically government in power, this is so profane and deeply disturbing that all this rubbish which emanate and is poured from their minds in here and probably similarly vomited in every other forum they can get their hands on, a really despicable behavior which may be professionally executed or by ignorance cloned and publicized as far and wide as possible.

This era in Argentina gentlemen like you or not is the best development and progress era this country had for a very long time since the second world war and after the military 'coup of eat' against the then democratically elected president Juan D. Peron in 1955, from then on this country descended in a long era of political and human degradation worthy the name of the dark ages to be reborn from that disgrace 47 years later, to be precise in 2002 with then the democratic election of a little unknown southern province governor a 'Penguin' quickly tagged by the oligarchy to denote him from is investiture a gawky fellow raised from nothing to walk in the domain of well known and repeated figures that always prowled the obscure and sinister political scene of this country and still do.

Any of you who support or praises anything before 2002 until the fall of 1955 you're either one of two things, or you're an ignorant, and in this case it may be justified if you didn't were raised and educated in this country or because you are out of touch with politics and life in those years , or two, you are an indoctrinated (brain induced since born o by choice) extreme right wing supporter of an unashamed elite oligarchy who have been rapping and mismanaging this country for so long and left so much pain and despair in almost the 200 hundred years of history of this nation....and I'm inclined to say that those people are more certainly in the late definition of this two categories, there's a few in this forum that sometimes I wonder if they're the same who go and write all these rubbish as a poisonous hobby of theirs or as mercenaries for the media monopolies conjured to spread lies, misinformation and despair to confuse and manipulate the public opinion and the population of this country and the minds of not only of this country alone but all America as a whole.

Just by looking a the citing sources is a giveaway...

fifs2 said:
largest theatre district...

I pass it everyday and to be fair Tolstoy it isnt..more like Folles bergers if you're lucky. All that ass and tit at 8am in the morning can be very unpleasant before breakfast... and thats before mentioning Ricardo Fort!:rolleyes:

Buenos Aires might have a lot of plastic and I fully agree about Ricardo Fort as he looks like a death mask :D but the truth be told Buenos Aires exceeds most cities in the world for cultural offerings that are not all kitsch and glam.

The film industry is one of the worlds best and with great renown . It was larger than Hollywood in its heyday and till today churns out a film a week of these many are classics that have won numerous oscars .

The bookshops of this city are numerous and the festival del libro is the worlds largest .

Cultural icons are always interesting, yet they mean so little when weighed against actual education statistics.....theater, art, museums, etc are wonderful cultural additions to sound education. In the absence of good, fundamental education, they mean little.

Back