Is it all down to lack of respect???

Davidglen77 said:
The fact that a teacher decides to leave a job, while may not be pleasant for your child, is totally legal and within his/her rights as a human being. Indentured servitude no longer exists anywhere in the world unless I am unaware of it. Maybe this is a good opportunity to teach your child that in life sometimes things don't go the way we want them to, life can be tough / unfair, and you can only push people so much and can't force people to do something they don't want to, or loss in it's many forms it part of life. I am SOOOO tired of parents who get their panties in a bunch for stuff like this. I have seen parents get angry/violent because their kids don't find an egg at an easter egg hunt, aren't first in line, get one cookie less at snacktime and the clown got stuck in traffic and showed up late at their birthday party and ran out of blue baloons! This is not an Argentina issue its an issue of spoiled parents!
GROW UP!

Untwist your panties David. My post focused on the lack of respect between consenting adults..the child issue was an aside if you care to reread it. But since you mention it..my own son has so much love, security and routine in his life he has quickly ,moved onto the whatever phase of this story. The class "bully" or let's say disturbed child who never goes to school concerts, events or other birthday parties is still sobbing in school as his tecaher is likley the only routine and security he has known. This isnt the US you know...we "Argentineanized" expat parents share nothing of the behaviours you rant about but if you have some local examples to share please do..otherwise read the thread as it was written!

Actually I don't wear panties so they couldn't possibly be twisted, as I'll mention since you decided on commenting. Your response is typical of the parents today who are so wrapped up in their childs emotional state every 2 seconds that they are smothered to and by the time they grow up they can't deal with real life. Maybe just maybe look beyond what you think is "good parenting" and realize that the best teaching comes from true facts of life and it's experiences, BOTH the pleasant and unpleasant ones, not an insular state where people don't just get up and leave, disappear, don't explain why, steal, cheat and every other pretty sweet thing that your child, WILL unfortunately experience in this lifetime. My family supported me every step of the way however they didn't try and sugarcoat life for me. If you do this and get your "panties in a bunch" every time this happens, and convey that to your child, well honeyb, get ready you are going to be counseling and listening to an upset child for as long as you live. You think there are bullies in school? Wait until your kid joins the corporate world, business is much more rough than ANY playground or classroom, prepare him well please for his and your sake.......

Back