Is it time to leave or is Argentina worth it?

Does all this stuff really affect upper middle class Argentinians and US expats?

Does all this stuff really affect upper middle class Argentinians and US expats?

I think even the upper middle class have been affected by the crisis which has been made the economy much worse. The wealthy class - quite distinct from the upper middle professional class - are a lot less affected though the wealth tax hurts them as does lack of importation. Expats who do not have to work at peso paying jobs and have dollar or other hard currency incomes abroad can benefit from the misery of the majority when the peso drops and the dollar rises.

Well, picture the following:

You are born into this culture and society. How are you going to fight your way out? Your best chance is to escape such that you can get ahead in a society that isn't stacked against you.

ExPats have a choice to place themselves here. If you are born here, you essentially lost the lottery in life. And there are worst places for the same thing to happen as well. one example would be a place like NK (North Korea.).

Not many. Most US expats continue to get their dollars, maybe even a live a bit better due to the crumbling peso and well the upper class Argentinians - vaccine trips to Miami, week long escapes to their fincas, beach time in Mexico.

Not many. Most US expats continue to get their dollars, maybe even a live a bit better due to the crumbling peso and well the upper class Argentinians - vaccine trips to Miami, week long escapes to their fincas, beach time in Mexico.

I dislike pegging people by "class" but my friends who are well do to are not much worried about their own futures, but rather what the future holds for their children and grandchildren.

Back