Is Life Now With The Blue Dollar/euro Really Cheaper?

I just went and bought a phone I needed before they start taxing electronic purchases too...

New Car: Easy my friend, if that new Toyota you want is imported, you should make the purchase quickly, ha ha. Sounds like the 20% surcharge is in your future.
http://www.iprofesio...utos-importados

It seems to get crazier. We decided to go to Toyota and price out a car. On Monday they gave us the price (USD), converted it to pesos at $5.20 and showed us the financing. Yesterday, they called and said they could not sell to us in pesos at the $5.20 rate right now and we would have to wait until next Wednesday at the earliest to see what the rate would be. Ahhh Argentina...

It seems to get crazier. We decided to go to Toyota and price out a car. On Monday they gave us the price (USD), converted it to pesos at $5.20 and showed us the financing. Yesterday, they called and said they could not sell to us in pesos at the $5.20 rate right now and we would have to wait until next Wednesday at the earliest to see what the rate would be. Ahhh Argentina...
Rumor (unconfirmed, verbal) is we'll see a major devaluation Wednesday-3rd of the official peso. By major I mean MAJOR, from 5 to 12, so says the rumor. I could believe a small jump, e.g. toward the current blue of ~8 ARS/USD, but sorry just can't believe a jump to 12. Don't shoot the messenger (ni el rumormonger).
- Jim

Rumor (unconfirmed, verbal) is we'll see a major devaluation Wednesday-3rd of the official peso. By major I mean MAJOR, from 5 to 12, so says the rumor. I could believe a small jump, e.g. toward the current blue of ~8 ARS/USD, but sorry just can't believe a jump to 12. Don't shoot the messenger (ni el rumormonger).
- Jim

Any sources you can pass on? tx

One day, someone (Sigaut) said "el que apuesta al dolar pierde", then a few days later

crc3b3nica-sigaut.jpg

- Jim
what I think we are most likely to see is a split in the exchange rate like Venezuela uses. One lower one around the current official rate for necessities, food, and exports, and another one closer to the current Blue rate for non essential imports, and travel and tourism abroad. If this is implemented I would expect it to cause the current Blue rate to move to a similar percentage above the higher official rate that it now holds against the single official rate(60%), so if the second rate is set at say 7.5, and the Blue moves to 60% above that you have your rate of 12 exactly.

what I think we are most likely to see is a split in the exchange rate like Venezuela uses. One lower one around the current official rate for necessities, food, and exports, and another one closer to the current Blue rate for non essential imports, and travel and tourism abroad. If this is implemented I would expect it to cause the current Blue rate to move to a similar percentage above the higher official rate that it now holds against the single official rate(60%), so if the second rate is set at say 7.5, and the Blue moves to 60% above that you have your rate of 12 exactly.

Yop, I expect too something like 3 different official rates. Something like 5/6.2/8 maybe.

Why even bother eating tofu in Argentina? The soybeans are GMO and grown in pesticides. Makes more sense to stick to the (purportedly) organic or non-GMO dried beans from health-food stores.

It is very possible to get organic, non-GMO tofu in el Barrio Chino and at many dieteticas. It's the only one I buy, and I have been doing so for almost a decade now.

Back