Is real estate price converted to pesos at purchase?

Sequoia,

I get what you are saying. There is partial validity to your point of view.

I have all kinds of great thoughts for a reply, but I simply don't have it in me to educate you, or for that matter anyone else here. The ability to examine a financial situation, the confidence to act, selecting the best path forward is critical to success in life. And that, is the principal reason that separates people in life with regard to level of success and accomplishment.

I don't mean the previous statement as a personal attack, it's simply the reason I don't care to go on with my effort to help. That being, everyone has their beliefs and confidences in what they are doing. It takes a special person to take decisions that include risk and to project with accuracy the ramification of today's choice with that of the future results.

In all likelihood, the path it seems you want to select, particularly if it is a long term path, will not betray you. It's just that I believe there is an even better path that would reward you more.

We think differently. And that is okay, that is what makes it all interesting in life.

I want you to succeed in all that you do. I want you to realize your potential. So with that, I wish you well!

BEST,

T

I guess stability for some people is important, not just money. A friend recently bought a house here because he wants his under-4 kids to grow up in the same home throughout their childhood. For some people, these are not just buildings. As someone who was on the streets at 13, I get that position even though I too rent here.

I guess stability for some people is important, not just money. A friend recently bought a house here because he wants his under-4 kids to grow up in the same home throughout their childhood. For some people, these are not just buildings. As someone who was on the streets at 13, I get that position even though I too rent here.
If someone - not well travelled, limited economic resources, not very experienced in these matters, doesn't know country and doesn't speak language - arrives here and buys real estate, that's the pure opposite of stability. That's in my view a high risk investment because you cannot know how things will turn out for this person here. Chances are, that after a few years you will move back and make a significant loss on your real estate (only buying and selling is at least 10% of your investment). Don't get me wrong, I encourage anyone to explore new countries and get out of the comfort zone, but don't put all your money on it. Have a plan B. Come here, wait and then after a few years you can still buy.

If someone - not well travelled, limited economic resources, not very experienced in these matters, doesn't know country and doesn't speak language - arrives here and buys real estate, that's the pure opposite of stability. That's in my view a high risk investment because you cannot know how things will turn out for this person here. Chances are, that after a few years you will move back and make a significant loss on your real estate (only buying and selling is at least 10% of your investment). Don't get me wrong, I encourage anyone to explore new countries and get out of the comfort zone, but don't put all your money on it. Have a plan B. Come here, wait and then after a few years you can still buy.
Sure, but I didn't talk about someone moving here "not well travelled, limited economic resources, not very experienced in these matters, doesn't know country and doesn't speak language."

Sure, but I didn't talk about someone moving here "not well travelled, limited economic resources, not very experienced in these matters, doesn't know country and doesn't speak language."
Well, with all due respect to Sequoia, that's pretty much the case we have on the table here. Of course I understand your friend's position. For similar reasons I also bought a place here two years ago.

Back