Is Rosario Underated ?

perry

Registered
Just spent a very pleasant weekend in Rosario and enjoyed it inmensely . I have always overlooked the city as a crime ridden destination but I felt a nice chilled vibe there and the people were very friendly and polite .

The city itself has a lot to offer in outdoor activities and its restaurants and cafes seemed as good as Buenos Aires.

Love to hear from expats who live there about their experience .

Last edited:
I think so yes and have always had a nice time in Rosario. It's not the small city where nothing happens I think some believe it is. It does have issues with crime for sure (worse than Buenos Aires I doubt), but I always enjoyed the sort of laid back nature of the city. In terms of the fact most people would not choose Rosario to visit, I think it is indeed underrated.

Btw, I don't live there but have visited.

I spend a lot of time here. Really ugly city!

Rosario is known as the greenest city of Argentina with a huge amount of parks and plazas . The coastal area is also very beautiful . What is ugly about it ?

The architecture is largely ugly, the vast majority of buildings poorly maintained, the streets and universities are ugly, the sidewalks are crumbling, the parks are mediocre and there is nothing particularly special about it's "coastline" to a brown river and millions of mosquitoes. Very little culture and there is a newish and needlessly built tiny acquarium that was obviously the source of massive amounts of taxpayer grift. Very few options for cuisine and almost no diversity in the population.

I keep an apartment in Rosario and spend a lot of time there. The people are lovely and friendly and the there seems to be weirdly disproportionate amount of physically attractive people but the city itself is awful. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you have family and friends there.

Should add I've never had a problem with crime or seen anything other than one motochorro.

Rosario is known as the greenest city of Argentina with a huge amount of parks and plazas . The coastal area is also very beautiful . What is ugly about it ?
I guess to each their own. I have spent many an afternoon in the parks along the river and never thought much of them.

I guess to each their own. I have spent many an afternoon in the parks along the river and never thought much of them.

Rosario is a very chilled city it seems with friendly good looking people . Yes its architecture is crumbling and its public services are failing but this is not the same in Buenos Aires ? I agree that Rosario has limited options for food but it does have Rock y fellers on Bv. Oroño 106 a great place at any time of the day .

I would say it is not as ugly or chaotic as Cordoba, it definitely feels like a small city (not town) and to me, is more classic "Argentinian" than Buenos Aires because it is not as cosmopolitan and there are not of lot immigrants other than a few Haitians, and many Brazilians who take advantage of the free universities.

There are also seems to be a lot of money there for it's size, with fancy new condos, high rises, a Maserati dealership, etc. And the airport is infinitely better than eze.

Back