Is the Milei "Transformation" Failing Already?

There are approximately 20,000 communists in Argentina. You are more likely to be hurt by a crowd of MiliPilis or Ramones fans.
I know dozens of argentine friends who marched on Sunday, ranging in age from babies in arms, to 80 year olds.
None were violent, or "communist".
All were commemorating the horrors of the military dictatorship, and celebrating around 40 years free of it.
They included doctors, architects, designers, teachers, administrators, choreographers, college students, chefs, store owners, jewelers, musicians, sommeliers, and pretty much every other occupation you can think of.
One friend of mine "marched" with her 7 year old, and the entire primary school, including many students, teachers and parents. A few grandparents, too.
One man's "shitlib" is another mans abuela, I guess.
Hundreds of thousands of peaceful, ordinary argentines of all walks of life- but, I guess you should be afraid, be very afraid. 7 year olds pack a mean punch.

Here we go......the media comparing and linking the Argentine right wing dictatorship to the Milei government. Makes great clickbait headlines but only serves to divide the country further rather than focusing on fixing the economic mess that Argentina has been for past decades and bringing people together. The old communists versus the derecha extrema.....Perhaps the left should move to Venezuela or Cuba and see how they enjoy life there and the economic mess their economic policies generate. 6 million Venezuelans have left the country since Chavez/Maduro took power and still growng (and that country has the biggest oil reserves in the world).

Last edited:
I havent seen any "media" mentioned here, unless you mean the baexpats where people are calling the average argentine a "shitlib" a "commie", "sick", "disgusting", and "scummy".
Milei is the one who is linking himself to the right wing dictatorship, with his statements like "complete memory" and "two demons" and similar CELTYV propaganda.
On the day when everyone is celebrating democracy and saying "nunca mas", I cant think of anything more divisive then telling people that your friends and relatives didnt really disappear.
The majority of marchers were not "the left".
The majority of Milei voters were not libertarians, and mostly, not even "the right", but, instead, ordinary argentines who want change, and bet on the Joker to disrupt things. Many I have spoken to now regret that vote.
Venezuelans are still moving here, because they know that even under K, Argentina was so much better. Many Venezuelans I have met moved here under the Ks and started successful businesses.

Well said Mr. Ries.

Many who voted for Massa have been manipulated by the Ks for decades, many who voted for Milei did so out of desperation.

Let's not demonize working class Argentines who want a better life.

We can reserve our outrage for the corrupt politicians who pocket millions to spend on hookers and yachts in Spain, while depriving the common Argentine of a dignified life.

martin-insaurralde-sofia-clerici.jpeg

Average person isn't right or left, it's a mixture of both. Under extremes you get more extremes in both ways, and this never wasn't, and never will be good. Blind support for Milei, or Kirchner, is stupid. For any politician really. But this is what we are getting, bunch of crazies on both sides, that are going to ruin this country even more...

I havent seen any "media" mentioned here, unless you mean the baexpats where people are calling the average argentine a "shitlib" a "commie", "sick", "disgusting", and "scummy".
Milei is the one who is linking himself to the right wing dictatorship, with his statements like "complete memory" and "two demons" and similar CELTYV propaganda.
On the day when everyone is celebrating democracy and saying "nunca mas", I cant think of anything more divisive then telling people that your friends and relatives didnt really disappear.
The majority of marchers were not "the left".
The majority of Milei voters were not libertarians, and mostly, not even "the right", but, instead, ordinary argentines who want change, and bet on the Joker to disrupt things. Many I have spoken to now regret that vote.
Venezuelans are still moving here, because they know that even under K, Argentina was so much better. Many Venezuelans I have met moved here under the Ks and
Sounds like you are on the left and K supporter and of course thats your choice. Indeed, the only reason Milei is in power is because of the complete economic mess the Ks have created. Milei is a direct result of Alberto and Ks economic policy and failures. Regarding the Venezuelans: So Argentina is a successfull place to come and start a new business??? lol.....I can think of a few better places albiet with a more complicated visa entry process. I doubt the thousands of Argentineans who have moved to Europe and the USA over the past 10 years to start a new life (and business) would agree with you.

I am a US citizen, and vote, online from Argentina when I am here, in Washington State elections. I would call myself center left, a Social Democrat, although over the years I have voted for liberal Republicans (we used to have those in Washington State) as well as center right democrats like Jimmy Carter.
One of the things I like about Argentina is that they are not restricted to a two party system.
Certainly everybody to the left of Milei (which is almost everybody- there is no libertarian party in Argentina) is not a "K".
If I lived here, my guess is I would have voted for Myriam Bregman, not Alberto.
I know Argentines to the left of Milei who love Cristina, who hate her, who think she was the least objectionable choice, and a dozen other views.
Its kind of like asking 4 argentines about the best pizza- you get a half hour argument and 5 answers.

I think part of my viewpoint comes from the fact that I grew up in a political family in the USA, my mother ran for elected office starting in about 1970, and was a well known feminist democratic politician at the State level, and a Superior Court Judge. I was involved in campaigns, and personal friends with a variety of politicians since I was about 15. I also, in my career, worked with government employees, as well as elected and appointed officials around the USA, and knowing all those people personally, of many different political opinions, I know that politics is about compromise, and that there are no black hats or white hats.
I think Christina did a lot of good things, some bad things, and was not a perfect human.
I am dubious that in the long run Milei will have a similar record, but time will tell.

I am a US citizen, and vote, online from Argentina when I am here, in Washington State elections. I would call myself center left, a Social Democrat, although over the years I have voted for liberal Republicans (we used to have those in Washington State) as well as center right democrats like Jimmy Carter.
One of the things I like about Argentina is that they are not restricted to a two party system.
Certainly everybody to the left of Milei (which is almost everybody- there is no libertarian party in Argentina) is not a "K".
If I lived here, my guess is I would have voted for Myriam Bregman, not Alberto.
I know Argentines to the left of Milei who love Cristina, who hate her, who think she was the least objectionable choice, and a dozen other views.
Its kind of like asking 4 argentines about the best pizza- you get a half hour argument and 5 answers.

I think part of my viewpoint comes from the fact that I grew up in a political family in the USA, my mother ran for elected office starting in about 1970, and was a well known feminist democratic politician at the State level, and a Superior Court Judge. I was involved in campaigns, and personal friends with a variety of politicians since I was about 15. I also, in my career, worked with government employees, as well as elected and appointed officials around the USA, and knowing all those people personally, of many different political opinions, I know that politics is about compromise, and that there are no black hats or white hats.
I think Christina did a lot of good things, some bad things, and was not a perfect human.
I am dubious that in the long run Milei will have a similar record, but time will tell.
How about that Scoop Jackson!

How about that Scoop Jackson!
Jackson was certainly center right. And I mistyped, I actually liked Jimmy Carter, I meant Bill Clinton, who I considered pretty center right as well. But back in the day, we had environmental Republicans in Wa., like Dan Evans, governor who created the very first State Department of Ecology in the 50 States, and created a very liberal State College, Evergreen, bane of MAGA types today, where both I, and one of my sons, attended. We had several left leaning longstanding Republican politicians who cared about the environment, education, and would be called commies today by posters here.

Ps- above, I wrote "if I lived here"- I do live here, half time, and have a DNI.
I meant, "if I VOTED here".

Back