Is the Milei "Transformation" Failing Already?

The ones I know in the arts do NOTHING. Actually they’re doing commercials while they were getting paid by the government to create art for the public. I know 3 of them who don’t even go to work at all but get paid each month. But they always go to anti Milei protests and Punta and Miami and Nordelta garden parties! I’m sure there are honest people among those sacked but it’s those crooks’ fault the situation not Milei’s.

Under Milei's guidance, Argentina has seen “two consecutive months of financial surplus for the first time since early 2011,” quite an impressive feat. Its month-over-month inflation rate went from 25.5 percent in December to 20.6 percent in January, 13.2 percent in February, and 11 percent in March. Argentina is healing. Slowly, but surely.

Under Milei's guidance, Argentina has seen “two consecutive months of financial surplus for the first time since early 2011,” quite an impressive feat. Its month-over-month inflation rate went from 25.5 percent in December to 20.6 percent in January, 13.2 percent in February, and 11 percent in March. Argentina is healing. Slowly, but surely.
Inflation usually is less during a depression.

300% inflation accelerating monthly at meagre 11% rate.

Last edited:
If there was no such thing as a Ñoqui, why would the Argentine vernacular have needed to come up with a word for one?
because it is a trope that is used to say why not to help people in need-as in “I worked hard and got rich. Why didn’t that happen to you?” it is classist and generally racist

Not true. Two obvious examples: Germany in the 1930's and Venezuela in the past decade.
I said usually. And I agree about Germany. They, like Argentina, also faced unsustainable debt levels which was one of, if not the leading cause, of hyperinflation. Venezuelan inflation was caused by economic sanctions which Argentina has yet to experience, although one might argue protectionist tariffs (lemon exports come to mind) are a form of sanctions.

Back