Is the Milei "Transformation" Failing Already?

I think this is what argentina needs. As long as the country continued to print money, keep the official dollar artificially low and subsidise everyone and his brother there would be no escaping the countries decline. I think the expats that are complaining about milei are feeling the impact of higher prices. It is no longer cheap here, even for those with dollars as the blue and official are nearly parallel. I hope milei is sucessful and this will be the end of any future money printing, money grabbing, subsidising, and gnocci vote buying K Politicians.
I sort of agree but don’t understand how the country won’t simply crash with debt, too much direct and indirect government employment combined with huge poverty rates a transition from a strong middle class to banana republic level gaps between poor and very very rich.

My take though is that this country is still very cheap. My apartment, food and entertainment, public transportation and taxis are all way cheaper than any large city I’ve been to recently in dollar terms. It’s only horrible for anyone paid in pesos

(snip)
My take though is that this country is still very cheap. My apartment, food and entertainment, public transportation and taxis are all way cheaper than any large city I’ve been to recently in dollar terms. It’s only horrible for anyone paid in pesos
So... only horrible for the other forty million who live here then,

So... only horrible for the other forty million who live here then,
*paid in pesos* only impacts the 90%, so 36 million suffer and for some reason the other 4 million don’t even seem to be taxed and anyway do fine.

The developed world is aging and if Argentina can navigate from a Peronist closed economy to modern supply chains, I can imagine a boom based on a young, educated and motivated workforce both in urban service industries and elsewhere based on raw materials and agricultural products at various levels of finish.

*paid in pesos* only impacts the 90%, so 36 million suffer and for some reason the other 4 million don’t even seem to be taxed and anyway do fine.

The developed world is aging and if Argentina can navigate from a Peronist closed economy to modern supply chains, I can imagine a boom based on a young, educated and motivated workforce both in urban service industries and elsewhere based on raw materials and agricultural products at various levels of finish.
Argentina is aging as well, though not as badly as the first world.

Argentina is aging as well, though not as badly as the first world.
I was about to give you a like :) since you wrote what I've observed since coming here, I've seen more older people and had more older colleagues than anywhere else I've worked in Latin America (that's most of the continent). But... we're wrong, look at this: https://www.indexmundi.com/argentina/age_structure.html the base of the pyramid is wider than the other layers. Compare it to the other LatAm countries (just change the country name in the link), and you'll see narrower pyramid bases for every other major country (except, weirdly, Venezuela).

I'll just leave this here, though, if Argentina wants to profit from a "young, educated and motivated workforce" as @Aron says, well, it needs to educate them and not play politics with education.

I was about to give you a like :) since you wrote what I've observed since coming here, I've seen more older people and had more older colleagues than anywhere else I've worked in Latin America (that's most of the continent). But... we're wrong, look at this: https://www.indexmundi.com/argentina/age_structure.html the base of the pyramid is wider than the other layers. Compare it to the other LatAm countries (just change the country name in the link), and you'll see narrower pyramid bases for every other major country (except, weirdly, Venezuela).

I'll just leave this here, though, if Argentina wants to profit from a "young, educated and motivated workforce" as @Aron says, well, it needs to educate them and not play politics with education.
Interesting! Thank you.

I'm certainly struck by how often I come into contact with people in normal daily business interactions (shops, real estate agents) who seem well into their 80s and are still working away at whatever their bit is. And most of my friends and acquaintances are professionales (teachers, lawyers, architects, psychologists (of course), dentists and other medical people) in their early to mid 60s and beyond and none of them seem to have the word retirement in their vocabulary nor think of it as a concept. They seem to just assume they will work until they drop. I guess they have no financial alternative but to keep doing so.

The crisis has hit home ...!!! The price of lettuce $3500 to $5000... Help..!!!
The Milei Transformation Failed Already?

Back