Is there a market for temporary rental?

Regarding the 50% increase: I think that increase is more less in line with inflation (might even be slightly below it). Assuming that you have a peso contract, I don't see this as a total rip off per se. If the apartment is in bad shape, that's another story then.

Generally speaking, I think there are a lot of empty apartments throughout the city as the annual return (from the owner's perspective) is probably in the 1-2% region. Given the potential problems with non-paying renters, a lot of the apartments are kept empty to avoid potential problems. I think also the ley de alquileres introduced last year didn't really help to increase the offer.

From a renter's point of view: if you can demonstrate that you have enough funds to pay the rent (even prepaying 6 to 12 months), I think you should have no problem to get a good deal now though

Thank you for that helpful response; offering to pay a few months in advance hadn't occurred to me.

About the apartments deliberately held off the market, and the effect that has on housing prices -

If it can happen in Germany, it can sure happen here, especially with Peronists in power.

And, yes, I did just offer a link to the Daily Beast, because when I linked to a story in RT, I was told that didn't count because "it's the Russian government!", a comment I will definitely return next time somebody links to a story in the BBC...

Thank you for that helpful response; offering to pay a few months in advance hadn't occurred to me.

About the apartments deliberately held off the market, and the effect that has on housing prices -

If it can happen in Germany, it can sure happen here, especially with Peronists in power.

And, yes, I did just offer a link to the Daily Beast, because when I linked to a story in RT, I was told that didn't count because "it's the Russian government!", a comment I will definitely return next time somebody links to a story in the BBC...

Maybe DW will be more palpable to our anti-RT comrades:

It does mention "Regardless of the strength of the vote, the referendum is not legally binding and the proposal will only become law if the ruling parties in the Berlin Senate choose to make it so." So, nothing is happening yet, but your point is well taken.

With Argentina opening soon to tourists - short term rentals could see a big boom. I'm curious, if you are a dual citizen.. when you rent the short term rental via airbnb, etc. Are you getting paid in USD? What would the tax situation look like?

Hey, thanks for the answer. It helps to hear people on the other side. Renters, I mean, and not owners. I see that there are so many options for temporary rentals in BsAs now, but I suspect that there is not such an enormous market for short term.
Also, for a more permanent rental, I believe the law has changed and now the contracts need to be for 3 years. Is that true?
Good luck with your apartment hunt.
Cheers, maria
Yes, long term contracts must be 3 years. The tenant can break the lease by paying a 1 month penalty.

Hola amigos!!!
I am an Argentinean/US citizen (long story).... I have a furnished apartment in Buenos Aires (Recoleta.. nice... etc), and i am debating whether to rent it formally on a 2 year contract (renter pays rent and all utilities) OR to venture on temporary rental since I go to Buenos Aires every six months or so and would like to stay in my apartment. I think (but may be wrong ) that the temporary rental is saturated.... too many offers... are all those apartments really rented?
Maybe yes, and i am wrong about my assumptions of how the market is working in Buenos Aires.
Any comments will be helpful....
Hello, Maria.
I am visiting from NYC and wondering if you are still wanting to do a short term rental. I am wanting a nice, clean well appointed apartment for myself and my service animal until end of June beginning as soon as possible.
I have rented many times from AirBnB as well as done home exchanges so I am a good guest and host. Would be happy to provide references.
Thanks!

Hola amigos!!!
I am an Argentinean/US citizen (long story).... I have a furnished apartment in Buenos Aires (Recoleta.. nice... etc), and i am debating whether to rent it formally on a 2 year contract (renter pays rent and all utilities) OR to venture on temporary rental since I go to Buenos Aires every six months or so and would like to stay in my apartment. I think (but may be wrong ) that the temporary rental is saturated.... too many offers... are all those apartments really rented?
Maybe yes, and i am wrong about my assumptions of how the market is working in Buenos Aires.

The current rental contracts are for 3 years. If you find a good tenant paying a good price, you are lucky. Eviction is a long long process, can take years. In my building several tenants stopped paying rent and expensas during the pandemic, and the eviction process may take long.
With Airbnb temporary rentals you may earn more US$ and with less risk.!

Hello, People, I introduced myself earlier (Argentinean/American) living both in Buenos Aires and Missoula, MONTANA. (Yes, there are humans and Argentineans living in Missoula, hahahaha. I am in Buenos Aires now enjoying my apartment in Recoleta. I will be TEMPORARILY renting my place while I am gone (probably 6 months or so). I am looking for a GOOD firm that takes care of temporary rentals. I have been talking to someone from Alternativa Propiedades (https://www.alternativaprop.com/). Any review on this company? I prefer not to deal with tenants myself and I am willing to pay for a company to take care of looking for renters, check in, check out, cleaning, unexpected issues in the apartment that require maintenance. Any help, advice will be appreciated!! ;)
Maria

Hola amigos!!!
Hi Maria,
My friend uses Oasis Collections and I think they do a great job for her. Not sure what you’re digs are, but she has a 3 bedroom in Palermo Chico on the 21st floor. I stayed there during pandemic when it was quickly deserter by the current tenants returning to their country.

When I moved out once the city had started to allow movement, Oasis arrived and did a thorough inspection and maintenance before the next tenants moved in.

I spoke with Nicolas Soleto and he was always kind and informative. +54 9 11 2289-7223

Good luck!

Back