Is there a way to get a DNI faster?

schnickschnack

Registered
Hey,

I'd like to get the DNI but the trámites are already giving me a headache. I went in August to the Registro Civil, woke up at 6 am and did the queue just to hear that they were not giving any turno before October. I have been trying to call them for the last few weeks to know on which days they would give turnos but no one picks up the phone or the line is busy.
I tried to get a turno by a friend who works for a diputy but they don't have any left before six months. So I was wondering if there was any other way to get a DNI without having to do the queue and wait at least three months afterwards. Has anyone tried to get it done through a private company?

Thanks for your help!

Do you have a valid visa? If not, I think that's where you need to start. Once you've dealt with the visa, you can resume dealing with the Registro. (Gives you something to look forward to!)

There are a number of private agencies that work in the DNI space, mostly in conjunction with obtaining visas. Most of their business is with international companies that can't put their arriving employees through this drill and keep them productive and happy. So the services tend to be priced as high as an IBM or a Barclay's Bank is willing to pay.

The agents claim they make little money because they have to provide substantial "regalos" to the Registro staff to bend the rules and process certain applications out of order. I've been quoted prices from 1.500 pesos to 600 dollars for faster service on DNIs and, of course, avoiding the lines and hassles.

There are some contacts listed in other threads that you can find in the search engine.

jimdepalermo said:
Do you have a valid visa? If not, I think that's where you need to start. Once you've dealt with the visa, you can resume dealing with the Registro. (Gives you something to look forward to!)

Yes, I've got the residencia temporaria. Everything is in order.

jimdepalermo said:
There are a number of private agencies that work in the DNI space, mostly in conjunction with obtaining visas. Most of their business is with international companies that can't put their arriving employees through this drill and keep them productive and happy. So the services tend to be priced as high as an IBM or a Barclay's Bank is willing to pay.

The agents claim they make little money because they have to provide substantial "regalos" to the Registro staff to bend the rules and process certain applications out of order. I've been quoted prices from 1.500 pesos to 600 dollars for faster service on DNIs and, of course, avoiding the lines and hassles.

There are some contacts listed in other threads that you can find in the search engine.

I tried to find them through the search engine but it does not give any result. That's why I created a new thread.

Thanks for your answer!

Is there a way to get a DNI faster?

Marry an Argentine and get a good immigration lawyer.

you have to be careful with those websites that can get your DNI in 40 days....

its better to go the safe way than the short way. you never know what these people can do.

better to do a lot of research before paying mil pesos or a high amount of money for a DNI.

yes, get a good abogado but do your research first

ARCA (http://www.argentinaresidency.com/) did a great job for me. They are expensive but you already have the visa, they may give you a good price just to get the DNI. I believe that they bribe officials to cut through the red tape and skip the lines, if you're not comfortable with that look elsewhere.

For now, I have received several offers: US$400 to get the DNI within 20 days, US$300 to get it within a month, US$50 to get it within two months.

Could you share contact info for who gave you what? I am just embarking down the same path and would appreciate it. Thanks

Beware there are no shortcuts to get your DNI, and you can get easily scammed. There is not such thing as a legal " fast service "

Back