Is there a way to get a DNI faster?

RobDana said:
Could you share contact info for who gave you what? I am just embarking down the same path and would appreciate it. Thanks

argentinaresidency.com: US$400 (within a month);
residencyargentina.com: US$50 + taxes (within two months)--but they didn't answer my second email asking for more information.

schnickschnack said:
argentinaresidency.com: US$400 (within a month);
residencyargentina.com: US$50 + taxes (within two months)--but they didn't answer my second email asking for more information.

These figures apply only to "help" in obtaining the DNI and not residency, right?

Some readers may not know the distinction between residency and the DNI. There is one "company" that offers assistance in obtaining the Argentine "DNI residency" and that is misleading. At best it's an oversimplification and at worst it intentionally perpetuates confusion.

You cannot apply for a DNI at the Registro (RNP) until migraciones has granted temporary or permanent residency. The actual fee at migraciones is $600 pesos (up from $200 pesos last year). I believe the fee at the Registro is still less than $50 pesos but I'm not sure of the exact amount (it was $15 pesos last year).

While the Registro is not processing new DNI applications at this time (at least for Jose Q. Publico), they should resume soon with a new system in place, hopefully making the process much faster. Meanwhile, I know it's possible to stay (and work if you have a work visa) in Argentina legally with a valid temporary visa and no DNI. It's even possible to renew your visa (annually) without yet having obtained the DNI.

Without DNI you cannot get the "local" rate for domestic airfares, but unless you are about to sell a property I know of no good reason to pay anyone $400 (or even $50) for getting your DNI faster.

The september newsletter from DNM mentions work is underway for a "new DNI" to be introduced soon. Perhaps this is the reason for the suspension / delay on applications? Maybe they'll go with a new digital format instead of the cheap handwritten booklet? :rolleyes:

Unless you own property in Argentina, or own a business, or work there, or live there full time, there really is no reason for anyone to get a DNI or residency. Sometimes, people think that getting discounts on travel within the country is a good reason but it is not.

well i used gabriel celano and everything went smoothly...got it in less than 40 days.

I am in contact with a person who helps people get DNI (not residency). She told me that at this moment, there is no possibiltiy to get DNI, that everything is blocked until mid november, that they are making a new law/procedure and that she will inform me when she knows more, in november.
If anyone can tell me the contrary I would be happy to hear so. My daughter can not follow the national program in college starting in februari unless she has a valid DNI, so for her it is urgent.

Maikito said:
well i used gabriel celano and everything went smoothly...got it in less than 40 days.

That's good news Maikito, congrats!

Do you mind sharing when you started the process and what residency visa (work, rentista, etc.) you have? It'll be a good reference for others here looking to do the same. Also pls share Mr. Celano's contact. Thx!

Maikito said:

when was this? was it recently ?

yes, I got my DNI last week. First you need to wait for the appointment date, which can take a couple of weeks. After you go to that appointment and submit all the paperwork with no problem they tell you to pick it up in 40 working days, but the Celano team keeps checking constantly and it might be ready sooner.

Back