Is There Any Way?

semigoodlookin

Registered
Is there any way to get close to the Blue Rate without a bank account in the UK?

I was banking with Natwest for years, in fact all the time I was in Argentina. They never knew I was here until last year when I had to do some calls to them. I made what I realize now was a huge mistake and told them I live in Argentina. I should have told them I was just on vacation.

On the surface NatWest supports clients who live abroad, but it seems Argentina is one of the countries with no official support. While the guy I spoke to (on an unrelated matter) was ok with it, last November I suddenly found my account closed. The explanation was I don't live in the UK (even though I have my father's address and am on the electoral). Luckily I never really kept huge amounts in it, preferring to filter more quikcly to my accounts here. However, I still lost £200 when they closed the account. I had no idea banks had the right to do this but it seems they do, although I am appealing.

Anyway, to cut it short, I was left without a bank account in the UK and opening one online has proven to be a no-go. That means I am using PayPal and Nubi to get paid here, but it's at the official rate. Under Macri that was ok, but now its a disaster as I am "losing" around 35 pesos for every dollar I earn.

Not sure how or if it would work exactly. But maybe you could open a Transferwise borderless account. With that account they give you a standard ach routing and account number (or whatever the UK equivalent is). Transfer from PayPal to Transferwise then use that to send a Western Union transfer online.

Not sure how or if it would work exactly. But maybe you could open a Transferwise borderless account. With that account they give you a standard ach routing and account number (or whatever the UK equivalent is). Transfer from PayPal to Transferwise then use that to send a Western Union transfer online.
Thanks for the advice, I will look into it. However, I don't think it's possible to send from PayPal to Transferwise.

Gotcha. Not sure it's possible with all the mess nowadays, but paypal issues debit cards I think. With that you should be able to make a Western Union transfer

Back