It Professional Salaries

KevinJH

Registered
Does anyone have a reference to current Salaries in Capital Federal within the IT Professional area (with 15+ years experience?)

10-22 depending on what those 15 years of experience involved and how and where you work.

Does anyone have a reference to current Salaries in Capital Federal within the IT Professional area (with 15+ years experience?)

Well, it depends on the technology (is not the same Networking, IT Security than Technical Support), your formal education, if you hold any certifications, the companies were you worked and the real work experience on those 15+ years (if not anyone older than 40 should be considered a guru).

Check this site (http://www.encuestasit.com/inicio), it will give you an idea based on the position. Besides that, any senior position will pay you minimun 8k net per month.

@inferno thanks for posting the site, it is a great resource. Interesting to note that in a few positions women make more then men, though it seems like there was a small sample.

Well, it depends on the technology (is not the same Networking, IT Security than Technical Support), your formal education, if you hold any certifications, the companies were you worked and the real work experience on those 15+ years (if not anyone older than 40 should be considered a guru).

Check this site (http://www.encuestasit.com/inicio), it will give you an idea based on the position. Besides that, any senior position will pay you minimun 8k net per month.
Thanks. Great reference. Just what I was looking for.

This is a good site too:

http://www.cuantogano.com.ar/sueldos.php?rubro=it-programacion

Great source, Thank you. I just want to ask you about two things. the numbers are in pesos and per month right??

If i am a fresh graduate with a computer engineering degree. and i am willing to come and live in BA, I will spent my first 6months-1year learning Spanish and improve my skills in a certain area in computer(IT) field (as the university doesnt teach you everything, also computer engineering major is not concentrated in one area in the IT field). If you have any idea about, what do the IT field in BA needs the most??

Thank You.

Neal, all you will have on your cv is one year in which you werent working and intermediate language skills. There will 20 local candidates with better language skills and importantly with better local connections. To be blunt, forget about if for few years. Get a job elswhere learn spanish, save some money then come.

Great source, Thank you. I just want to ask you about two things. the numbers are in pesos and per month right??

If i am a fresh graduate with a computer engineering degree. and i am willing to come and live in BA, I will spent my first 6months-1year learning Spanish and improve my skills in a certain area in computer(IT) field (as the university doesnt teach you everything, also computer engineering major is not concentrated in one area in the IT field). If you have any idea about, what do the IT field in BA needs the most??

Thank You.

Yes, net per month. Most of the positions are for programming/developing in for example Java, .Net, Sap, among others, but of course, you can find whatever you want (at least in capital federal) and depending on your experience/skills/education you may end up with a lot more per month (10k, 12k, etc). Just take into account that the numbers that I'm putting here are for senior positions (no less than 5 years doing the same thing/technology, with work experience in other companies/products, etc). Even if you have a bachelor's degree, a master and training on your own.. what really matters here is your work experience and if you don't have that, is going to be hard to get a job (is usually hard for everyone to get that first job, I imagine that if you are not a local, is going to be even harder).

I don't think is the best to come here green and without knowing well the language, unless you really want to be here.

Back