Jacaranda Peeping: best location?

mageesa

Registered
The title says it all. My first time here while the trees are still blooming; where shall I walk this weekend to get an eyeful?

The title says it all. My first time here while the trees are still blooming; where shall I walk this weekend to get an eyeful?
The local Botanical Garden might be a good place to start. It's a beautiful place to spend the day, and easy to get to. Plaza Italia stop on the D subway line. El Jardin Botanico also has a small cat population that lives there year-round. The park has plenty of comfortable park benches to sit.
And the best part is that it's free admission.

Jacaranda is a beautiful Tree , so must go where trees grow. see the article for many locations

1. Av. Figueroa Alcorta a la altura de la Facultad de Derecho de la UBA, Recoleta.
  2. Plaza San Martín, Retiro.
  3. Diagonal Norte, San Nicolás.
  4. Av. Forest, limite entre Belgrano y Villa Ortuzar.
  5. Plaza Juan B. Terán, Villa Real.
  6. Agüero y Las Heras, Recoleta.
  7. Plaza Los Andes, Chacarita.
  8. Av. Córdoba y Riobamba, Balvanera.
  9. Av. Juan B. Justo, Villa Luro.
  10. Av. Sarmiento y Figueroa Alcorta, Palermo.

The local Botanical Garden might be a good place to start. It's a beautiful place to spend the day, and easy to get to. Plaza Italia stop on the D subway line. El Jardin Botanico also has a small cat population that lives there year-round. The park has plenty of comfortable park benches to sit.
And the best part is that it's free admission.
The one in Palermo has a real dearth of flowering trees. So far I've been randomly coming across them, but I will look at the places mentioned by Rich... the hunt continues!

The one in Palermo has a real dearth of flowering trees. So far I've been randomly coming across them, but I will look at the places mentioned by Rich... the hunt continues
These areas mentioned by Rich, around the Planetarium, the mechanical flower, and the parks:
  1. Av. Figueroa Alcorta a la altura de la Facultad de Derecho de la UBA, Recoleta.
  2. Av. Sarmiento y Figueroa Alcorta, Palermo.
are full of Jacaranda trees in flower at the moment. It's nice to drive north past the Facultad de Derecho, even nicer to do it in the tourist bus (pricey, I know) and reach out and touch the flowers.

Does anyone know of any live cams showing the Jacarandas? There are a few around the Obelisk, 9 de Julio, and on the coast, but I didn't find anything showing, say, Av. Libertador.

Back