Jazz bar

winter

Registered
Hi there,

It's my 5th time to be in Buenos Aires (the first time being back in 2000) but I always stay here on a short-term basis for work/holiday etc. I arrived back here last week and will be here for a few months. I love jazz but haven't been to any jazz bar here. I am wondering if you can recommend any good jazz places where you can have a bit of drink and enjoy live jazz music in a relaxing atmosphere (ideally in Recoleta or Palermo
). Thanks!

There is a small jazz club on Guatemala, 1/2 block past Scalabreni Ortez towards Guymas Plaza. Also in Palermo. This is kind of vague but it is a cool little club. Very avant garde.

Thank you, nikad. It sounds like there's a good jazz scene here. Great.

There are some underground places too that I'm sure you'll find when you get to explore a bit. I've been to a few large houses that have bars and host jazz gigs. I'd tell you where they were if I could remember! ;)

TomAtAlki said:
There is a small jazz club on Guatemala, 1/2 block past Scalabreni Ortez towards Guymas Plaza. Also in Palermo. This is kind of vague but it is a cool little club. Very avant garde.
That is Virasoro Bar, an interesting little place, and yes a bit avant garde, but with some really good jazz at times. I haven't been there in awhile.

http://www.virasorobar.com.ar/

Back