Jealous?

erocifeller

Registered
Magic delivery brought to me today.

IMG_0282.jpg

I have a sweet/spicy tooth ... :cool:

No I'm not because I can find all of these things (or at least things similar) when I shop away form the expat clogged mercados in Palermo.

oh you son of a b*****

Where did you score the peanut butter and the sour patch ?

And no you can't get the same stuff here. Taste is different. Especially the peanut butter.

I'll be your best friend ?

I'm back in the US at the moment so I could post some pics that will really stir up some jealousy here. Have a Trader Joe's just a block away from right now, actually. And I just recently went to a Fairway near my friend's place in New Jersey and, wow, I can't believe the options in that place. Oh, I think I took a few pictures of the olive bar and coffee roasting area with my mobile phone. Hm, would posting them here just be too cruel to you poor saps down there?...

va2ba said:
No I'm not because I can find all of these things (or at least things similar) when I shop away form the expat clogged mercados in Palermo.

nice try, you can't! not the same ;)

I find the peanut butter here to be much better quality than what we have in the states. And the only ingredient listed is mani.

va2ba said:
I find the peanut butter here to be much better quality than what we have in the states. And the only ingredient listed is mani.

No, it lacks the delicious preservatives that I am accustomed to!! :cool:

erocifeller said:
Glico? :rolleyes:

I needed quality.
They sell Mae Ploy curry pastes (yellow, green red + tom yum) in the jar in Barrio Chino. They're excellent. You can also get hot crushed chili flakes (though organic? not sure), coconut milk, fish sauce, etc., there.

The sour patch kids, on the other hand, I don't think you'll find those in argentina. The hot chili powder, either (I brought a ton back with me last time to last). Enjoy your stash, but know that rubbing it in isn't do you any favors if you ever need something from your fellow boardmates--unless you share! ;)

Back