Jewish Holidays!!!

xxRAQxx

Registered
Does anyone know a good, reform and prestigious shul to go to for the upcoming Jewish holidays where foreigners are welcome to join? If so, please advise.

Thanks!

There is a beautiful progressive Jewish temple accross the street from Teatro Colon. They do not follow the formal reform prayer book, but the building and their music is beautiful. I would go there in advance to make arrangements. Be sure to take your passport with you and perhaps a letter from a rabbi in the USA, as they check papers and identity (You probably know that BA synagogues were fire-bombed in the past by terrorists, I think in the 1980s. )

A friend of mine from Chicago who recently left told me about a lovely synagogue called Lamroth Hakol - www.lamroth.org. She is not very religo, so I am sure it is a reform Shule - you could try there?

Also, could I suggest that maybe a few of us BA Jews meet up for either Rosh Hash or Yom Kippur feast/breaking of the fast. I am very relaxed Jew but I think it would still be nice (and make my mother very happy) to meet up with others and have a dinner somewhere. Thoughts?

There is a beautiul temple on (I think) Arribenos in Belgrano, blocks from Chinatown.Maybe Daniel Perlman of "Salt Shaker" fame could host a pre Yom Kipper dinner? His name sounds Jewish, mine doesn't. One never knows. Bummer; the Jumbo mosque no loner does Kosher catering.

I'd be up for getting together. For a Rosh Hashanah dinner and possibly Yom Kippur break-fast.

Back