Job Offer in Buenos Aires

Nothing is what it used to be after Lehmann's default and subprime crisis in the US, I left the US myself in April 2010 and many of my lawyer friends (including Ivy league Alumni) were unemployed. Nobody wanted to take them to any of other open positions available cause they were "overqualified" Besides, in NYC ( Iam talking on what I know well, since I lived there for 5 ys), a "decent" accommodation is over 2000 bucks now. On top of that, transportation is hyper expensive, as well as utilities... and you have to be very lucky to have a good health insurance. And what about retirement? Social Security is bankrupt so better American save a bunch to have a decent life in their 60s and over. Ppl earn much more in the US but also, life there is very expensive and many ppl who lost their jobs during the last crisis are not doing well at all, and their situation wont look any better in the near future. My 2cents.

A few thoughts from my POV.

1) CarverFan has hit on exactly the problem that companies are facing here.
2) With the exception of highly technical/highly skilled positions, the discrepancy (even today) btwn US and Argentine salaries isn't that great anymore.
3) There are a lot of "hidden" costs (high corp income tax , very high severance pay outs, the rise in salary, the rise in costs from suppliers, difficulties, time it takes to do registrations, etc) to doing business here that are never discussed by people when they claim how "cheap it is to do business here."

For me personally, I see the greatest value in outsourcing highly technical positions as the delta btwn what people make in US/Europe and here is the greatest.

Companies that support US/European clients from here also need to be very careful when negotiating contracts to ensure they have the flexibility to increase their rates in accordance with the unique market conditions (or build in enough profit margin to absorb these huge annual cost increases).

Back