Jobs In Construction

BsAsIrish

Registered
Hi folks

I have been and of his site since living in BsAs back in 2008. I have retuned to Ireland but have always had the desire to return and after several failed years to integrate myself back into Irish life I have decided to give up and pursue the dream of returning to BsAs.

I am currently studying a Fd Degree in Sustainable Construction and would be keen to know of any avenues open to sourcing employment in Argentina. I know I can earn better here in Ireland/UK and will have better career prospects,however my desire is to return to Argentina and make my future there.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

BsAs Irish

in blanco, good luck.
in negro, I would contact the high end architects. There are several firms here that do very modern work, and usually the principal architects are all trained in the US and UK- they are often frustrated with the quality of work they get from normal contractors. I think you could invent a position for yourself as the Punch List Guy- the guy who came in and fixed the mistakes, installed the tricky design details, and sourced the unique stuff. Liaison with specialty fabricators, that sort of thing. Many contractors here kind of go on autopilot, once they have the job, and just do what they always do.
The high end architects want a more refined result, and often dont get it.
But this would require being here, taking a risk, and going around and talking to people. Most of them teach at UBA or other schools, as well as practice, going to pitch yourself to UBA professors would be a good place to start.

Ries

Thanks for this post. This is great stuff and exactly what i will do. Architecture is an area im keen to work in and am competent using CADD software and problem solving bugs and setting up templates in viewport for printing. I still have a year to run on my course, i will try and make contact with professors in UBA and see if any doors open.
Thanks again for your advice.

Save a lot of money if you can, you'll need some to survive before you come.

Without the marriage route, it may be difficult to come over with permanent residency. You'll need to work informally.

Bookmark this post, get in touch when you get out. There are a few Irish around with a few events on the go.

Best thing you can do now if you're serious is to start setting money aside, thats going to be the critical factor in your success or otherwise.

The other niche to explore is working with expats who are not entirely fluent in Castellano, and hence feel like everybody is ripping them off. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of expats who own apartments in Buenos Aires.

Back