JULY 13th! Dinner @ Les Anciens Combattants. It is not too late!

perry

Registered
Our next dinner will be in Argentinas most famous French restaurant located in a beautiful mansion in the barrio of Constitution. Only for 15 lucky people and by booking through here or via email . The meal is 120 pesos per person and includes wine and soft drinks . The date will be on the 13/ 7/2010 and the time we will meet is at 9pm.

The address is at Santiago del Estero 1435 Constitution.
http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/detail.php?ID=80

This restaurant constantly rates as one of the best restaurants in Argentina

Hello!!
I am from the USA and I love French food.
I will attend.
Best Regards,

Vidalita

We will have a great small group of 12 people tomorrow night . I look forward to all your attendance at Santiago Del Estero 1435 Capital Federal 9pm start . Its going to be a fantastic meal and I am sure a great time will be had by all.

We are having a dinner tomorrow (THIS TUESDAY) at Les Anciens Combattants (The Veterans?) which is probably the best French restaurant in the city. It is located in Constitucion, that is to say off the beaten tourist path, so if you didn't have a chance yet to go there yourself, now it is a good time to do it with your fellow forum members.

The restaurant occupies a beautiful mansion that used to be a club of former French soldiers living in Argentina. The service is formal to suit the ambiance, and the chef himself details each dish table side (in French or Spanish, naturally).

We have 12 reservations already, you are still welcome to RSVP by email to [email protected], or by posting a reply to this thread. (Or top thread on baexpats.org, if you are reading this in your mail).

The address is at Santiago del Estero 1435 (corner of Constitution) Please, take a taxi. Dinner starts at 9pm on 7/13.

To find out a more about the restaurant, there is an excellent review at San Telmo Loft. You can aso check its Guia Oleo page, as usually.

The price is 120 pesos per person and includes wine and soft drinks .

Menu:

Appetizer: House pate with green salad or mushroom crepe
Main course: Civet of hare with guarnicion or the rabbit panzotis stragon
Dessert: Chocolate Marquise with red fruits or omelette sourprise
Wine (half bottle per person)-water-cafe-te

Hope to see you there!

I had a great time there. Champagne para todos (well Pericles had already gone) !!!

We had a great time as well. And learned a key phrase in pidgin English that will undoubtedly be useful at some point down the road.

Great Rabbit!

Fantastic Marquise au chocolat!

Nice old restaurant!

Funny people!

Thanks France x Champagne (from Mendoza!)

Back