July Deficit

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/economia/gasto-ingresos-julio-guzman-nid2426906

compared to 1 year ago, for July:
- state income is up 16,1% to 436206 million pesos
- state expenses are up 59,2% to 591730 million pesos
- state deficit is up to 155524 million pesos (35,7% of income)

How long can this continue and how will it end?
It WILL BE A TRAIN WRECK AS USUAL!

The national debt got renegotiated - The bonds are still trading like Argentina with drop the ball again. They just can't get out of their own way here.

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/economia/gasto-ingresos-julio-guzman-nid2426906

compared to 1 year ago, for July:
- state income is up 16,1% to 436206 million pesos
- state expenses are up 59,2% to 591730 million pesos
- state deficit is up to 155524 million pesos (35,7% of income)

How long can this continue and how will it end?
In the short term (one year) I am sure this will lead to an inflation well above 100%.

In the mid term obviously Argentina will default again. There is absolutely no chance that they will get out of this deficit. There is not the slightest effort done by the government to curb the deficit. I also suspect that this time they will default on their IMF debts.

The first question is: will Argentina be able again to fool the IMF again and make them cough up some money again before the next default?

The second question is: who will they blame this time? Macri? Buitres? Capitalists? Neo-liberalism?

Alberto knows the only country with the huevos to lend to Argentina is China.

I suppose that's why he's making his special trip in Nov to suck up and try to get some of those sweet Chinese dollars. China is smart enough to get some tangible collateral for lending though...

The best is yet to come...

Are we preparing the next crops the way we should?
My guess is a HUGE no! Me thinks the ship is trading water in ways we haven't figured and discussed (publicly) yet and it not only involves our country but also the rest of the world and the big picture.
We might have experienced only a small disruption in our trading of goods and current needs production but what about the investment and work required for next year's consumption?

Iz

Back